“Disappointing.”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you plan to only sleep and shower here, then you may like it. The beds are wonderfully soft and comfy. The showers are spectacular, though they should probably come with a manual.

However, this is not the hotel for the self-sufficient traveller. From the moment you arrive, you encounter annoyances that make your stay more difficult than it needs to be. If you choose to sel-park, good luck actually finding your way from the ramp into the hotel. The signage is very poor, and you must take one elevator up, walk a ways, and guess as to how to get the rest of the way. There are no vending or ice machines in the hotel. When you need ice, you must call the front desk and have it brought up each and every time. Would you like a soda? The only vending machines are underground in the parking garage. A cup of coffee in the morning? You must get dressed and take two different elevators to get to the main floor Starbucks, then two different elevators back up to your room. There is no coffee pot (or
refrigerator)in the room. Though the beds are comfortable, the furnishings are spartan. You may call them modern, I call them upscale dorm room. Overall, though my stay was comfortable, I just found myself annoyed most of the time.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank knitloon
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm very sorry if you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay with us. We always strive to help make our guests have an enjoyable vist. We realize the style and layout of our hotel is unique and modern but understand that everyone has different tastes. Thank you for the feedback on coffee makers and signage. Your comments are taken very seriously and these are items we are looking in to as we continue our efforts to provide all of our guests a great and relaxing experience.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've stayed at the Graves 601 most every week (Mon-Thurs) since October 2011, and I can say that I am very pleased with this property. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are very, very comfortable. Making and changing reservations is very easy to do, especially compared to some of the other "boutique" hotels in the Minneapolis that have minimum stay / corporate rate restrictions. The gym is just fine for travel workouts. The only downside I can point to is the room service menu is somewhat limited, but there are plenty of local options including delivery services for when you want to eat in your room. All in all I highly recommend the Graves for business travel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SoftwareSam
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us! We're always happy to welcome back our regular guests and accommodate their needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Graves 601 is elegant, sleek, modern/hip and perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis. Beds are super comfy, service is top notch, hotel decor is beautiful. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank senor_boom
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate hearing from our happy guests. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

I have stayed here a number of times. Hotel always exceeds all expectations. Ideal location, clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are always happy to hear from our loyal guests. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stay in Minneapolis/St. Paul hotels a number of times a year to enjoy the metro areas amenities and visit friends, Of the six or so properties we have frequented, all of which are lovely, the Graves 601 Minneapolis has just raised the bar to a new level. From the truly attentive front door greeting, to the up beat, contemporary feel throughout the property, the Cosmo's Bar, the room with its sleek decor and ultra comfy bed and pillows....it became our new, 'must stay there' property. No reservations about it......make them at the Graves!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillSteele

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always thrilled to hear from our loyal guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Came to Minneapolis for the first time in my life for a wedding. Although the wedding was still a $12 cab ride away, I would very much recommend this hotel for anyone coming to visit Minneapolis.

The hotel has a very modern decor, but not overdone and still feels very cozy. The rooms were very spacious, came with nice comfy robes and lots of seating areas (which I love because I throw my stuff everywhere when I am in a hotel). My only complaint would be that the showers don't have a door. It's the third hotel I've been to this year without a shower door, which I hate because I get cold in the shower easily.

Don't be put off by the fact that you have to take two different elevators on your way to the rooms, the first elevator stops off at the bar, so you might as well pause of a drink. They had a good wine selection, sophisticated selections for bites, and good service by the bartenders.

The hotel will literally spit you out in front of the basketball arena, and the baseball field is just behind that. There are lots of bars and delicious restaurants in the area, got a chance to try a few... and I was actually a little disappointed all of the wedding activities prohibited me from trying more places!

Last little did-bit, there is a spa right next to the hotel lobby. I didn't get a chance to try it, but they even did couples massages in your room. And there is a Starbuck's also in the same building, which is definitely a plus when it's cold and snowing outside!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MigratingBirdie
Patrick C, Owner at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about us. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our happy guests. I’m thrilled to hear that you were able to try out some of our Minneapolis flavor. Between bars, sports, and restaurants, there’s always something new to do. We’d love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I was in Minneapolis for a business trip. The company put me up at Graves 601. This hotel is modern and trendy. It sits across from the Target Center. Apparently there are no shortage of celebrities or professional athletes that stay at this hotel because of its location and hip stylings. There is an available penthouse in case it was necessary. The hotel has a bar on the 4th floor as well as a restaurant. I did not have the opportunity to eat there but my gang lounged at the bar which has an ample selection of spirits. The room I stayed in was a standard room. The decor was stylish. They room includes a mini bar, a large flat panel television, a chaise sofa, and a another television in the bathroom. The bathroom amenities are designer. The hotel does try to be environmentally considerate.

The hotel is in walking distance to multiple bars and restaurants and again across the street from the Target Center. I would stay here again but I would encourage the hotel to put coffee makers in the rooms. I am not sure if they are in some sort of dark collaboration with the attached Starbucks downstairs. I am sure the Starbuck loyalists will purchase there coffee if they wanted to, but I just don't like being forced to.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the room and the location! We love being so close to attractions like the Target Center and lots of fun restaurants. Did you get a chance to try out any of the places in the area? I’ll definitely take your comment about the coffee maker under consideration. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!