“Great Hotel , in good Location”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Really Lovely Hotel, if you like clean smart living this will be the place for you. Rooms are modern and a little funky.. large Flat screen TV , absolutely superb shower ( no bath tub  ) very comfortable beds. Very cool bar which seemed popular with residents and locals.. This Hotel is in a good location just one block from Nicolette Mall, bars and restaurants. Looking for a great breakfast try “ Keys” & very good steak restaurant “ Mortons”. My husband travel’s to Minneapolis a few times a year if I get to come to Minnesota from the UK again , would definitely stay at Graves 601 again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank maggs01
There are newer reviews for Loews Minneapolis Hotel

Reviewed August 30, 2007

Just stayed at Graves 601 Hotel, was really surprised, Have been to Minneapolis before and for a city of this size they do not have a luxury hotel. This hotel comes really close, good service, nice location and comfortable rooms.

The guest rooms are not large, but are very modern and have nice amenities. A corner room offers a glass window overlooking two areas with expansive views.

Clean, great beds, nice bathroom shower. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I have been staying at this hotel for about five years (started out as a Le Meridien). Although it is a wonderful hotel I am starting to notice some slight wear in the rooms. The positives include the comfortable bed, awesome 42'' flat screen TV and the bathroom showers (also a small flat screen TV in bathroom). The location is also ideal with numerous restaurants, night-life and shopping all within walking distance.

The bar "Cosmos" is perfect for a drink or two before you head out for a night on the town and for a night cap! Couches and lighting give it a boutique atmosphere and the bartenders know how to pour a great drink.

Whether you are in Minneapolis for business or pleasure the Graves 601 is one of your best bets in downtown! Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank pauls153
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I got a great rate from the hotel's website for under $200. I asked for a high floor with a view and they gave it to me! I had a great stay at the hotel. There was a loud bachelorette(?) party across from my room but the walls were thick enough that I didnt hear the noise when I was in my room.

The windows were designed in such a way that the sun did not over-heat the room like other older hotels I've stayed at.

The sheets were clean and comfortable as I expected from a 4-star hotel. The shower was "to-die" for as it was a full body shower with multiple shower heads for an all over body wash. You get top quality soap/products.

I liked the turn down service they provided at night and the view of the city is unbeatable!

O yea, the location is awsome for someone who enjoys the night life, i.e. going out and dancing/going to a nice restaurant/etc.

Downside:
- Valet can be full, so make sure you check your car in early. $28 + tax for overnight
- Elevator layout was off, check in is on level 4, to access your room you have to do a U-turn to the otherside of the hall to access suite elevators
- The hair dryer was in the closet and I had to hunt for it.
- Lousy iron that dripped water on my skirt when I tried to ironing

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank explorer-0001
Reviewed July 13, 2007

Very hip property with lots of natural light, wood tones, interesting materials and design concept. Staffing was pretty much standard, closer to 3 star than 4, but the facility and location are good, and overall I would give the property 4 stars with a suggestion that they work just a little bit harder at finding all the right staff.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I absoultely loved, loved, loved this HOTEL! I got a recommendation from a friend and decided to do a 2 night stay at Graves 601. I got a great rate for a weekend stay and loved every moment! Graves 601 offers valet parking, self parking or parking on the street...no matter where you are parking you are paying some big bucks ( I paid $18) and was the only negative. But I can understand Graves 601 is in the middle of downtown Minneapolis. The service was exceptional from the doormen, to the concierge to the front desk staff...the decor is AMAZING and unlike ANY other hotel I have been to....very very unique! We got a corner room so we had windows on both sides of the room overlooking downtown. We had a couple of drinks at the bar and although pricey...the strongest Alabama Slammer I have ever tasted. This hotel is IMPRESSIVE to say the least. The concerige was very helpful and recommened a great diner in walking distance to have dinner, we also had Sunday Brunch at it was awesome. Graves 601 is in 3 blocks away from the above ground train that runs directly to Mall of America, so for $5.00 and a stress free ride I got to Mall of America within 30min. I will defintely go to Graves 601 again....pure luxury!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anuday05
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Just returned from a business trip/long weekend in Minneapolis and we were impressed by this hotel. Service was friendly and "can do" even on the weekend. For example, on a Friday night we bought a pint of ice cream while out on a stroll. Upon returning to the hotel, we stopped and asked the concierge to send it to a freezer for us so we could retrieve it Saturday night. And it was done, quickly and with a smile. The next night, we called down to the desk after a late dinner and the ice cream was delivered to our room in under 10 minutes. This was typical of the service we got: what we asked for, no delays, no stupid questions or funny looks. Flawless.

We were not sure about Graves at first as we pegged it as just another W rip-off. It isn't. We were wrong. Graves out performs W both in service (above is just one example) and comfort. The bed was super comfy with higher quality linens than any W. The bath products included Hermes. No staff members we encountered were anything but friendly and helpful -- no cooler than thou attitude at all.

Graves obviously caters to business travelers as efficiency is evident everywhere and it is a quiet, fairly kid-free establishment with 2 bars. Hotel gives out complimentary FT, WSJ and NYT each morning in lobby. During the week, the rate was mid $200s. On the weekend, however, the hotel was a deal at $150 or so/nite. Cosmos, the restaurant, was very good: dinner included lobster risotto, Wagyu beef from Japan and other choices you'd expect in NYC or Chicago (Dinner for 2 with drinks was about $120). Breakfast not included with room and, as a result, mush tastier than in the road warrior joints we've stayed at (price range around $10-15).

Hotel is walking distance to all of downtown and also the rail to airport and, yes, the Mall of America. Art galleries and some restaurants required a cab ride. Overall, very fine hotel which pays attention to detail.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business