“Farm fresh is south Minneapolis”
Review of Wise Acre Eatery

Wise Acre Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Wise Acre Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local sourced American cuisine.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Wise Acre is owned and operated the same fellows that own Tangle Town Gardens (right across the street.) They also own a farm where the grow much of the fresh produce served at the restaurant. The menu is small but varied. You can have a meat or a vegan dish that will be satisfying and tasty. The decor is interesting (this building had been a service garage at some point in it's history.) The room can be noisy and if really full you can feel jammed in. The homemade frozen custard is delicious.

WIse Acre is a casual eatery that is worth your while.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We decided to visit the Wise Acre Eatery for Sunday brunch, we knew it would likely be busy and that it was a boutique restaurant and as such we had gone in with our eyes open, but we did not bank on the 45 minute wait time that eventually turned into a 75 minute test of patience. With that said we were able to sit outside while waiting and were supplied on a regular basis with great strong coffee by the friendly staff. I was looking forward to the food having read a lot of great reviews on-line and it was presented very well, but it missed the mark when it came to taste. I’m not sure if I was expected too much from the “straight from the farm” messages but I’ve had many “straight from the farm” eggs before and the ones I got in my dish at the Wise Acre Eatery didn’t hit the spot.

I don’t mind paying money for great food, but $75 for a family of four for a small breakfast left me scratching my head and wondering what had just happened.

So in summary, I’ll remember the painfully long wait time and I’ve already forgot about the food.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were visiting relatives in Minneapolis and they took us to the Wise Acre for lunch. I was surprised to drive up to an old gas station. We enjoyed our meal and the surroundings. The entre' ordered by the majority was the Grilled Sausage sandwich with homemade potato chips, and pickles. My wife had the same entre' along with Blackberry pop and a cup of the vegetable soup. It is a place where we would return on our next trip to Minneapolis.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Well, our first and last visit unfortunately. Really wanted to like this place but the food just fell short all the way around. It was nice to be able to reserve a table on a Saturday night and the farm to table concept should work but... service out-shined the food we had last night. My grass fed beef which was supposed to be a Rib-eye turned out to be a NY strip was far too salty, tough and chewy and served on an odd base of something that completely ruined the roasted potatoes. My partners Bee Bee Q grilled chicken was equally tough and somewhat dry. Our friend had the special which was a squash stuffed with ground lamb that he described as just OK. And $6 for two slices of fried green tomato? The place is extremely, extremely loud due to the old metal gas station ceiling and walls and they have far too many tables jammed. People seated behind us had to move their chairs so we could get out. Wine offerings are not too bad and well-priced but the reds are kept above the back bar and need to be cooled down before enjoying.

2  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Ordered off the sides menu. Wow! Wouldn't have thought of those combinations but glad they did. Outdoor seating was pleasant. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. The Chef happily gave me hints on how to make Kale salad. Nice conversation.