“long wait but good food”
Review of Wise Acre Eatery

Wise Acre Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Wise Acre Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 1,812 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local sourced American cuisine.
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“long wait but good food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a long wait to get a table for three whereas if there were two of us it only would have been and half hour instead of a hour . The outside table with the umbrella was pleasant to sit under while waiting for a dining table and there was water you could get for yourself also a jet plane or two would fly low over every minute but still it was ok because of the people watching and garden atmosphere. I had the burger which was tasty and a salad came with which was about 6 leaves I guess I should have ordered a full fledge salad to go with my burger . The server was great and took good care of us he was very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. I thought it was pricey but I am willing to pay for farm fresh local food. This was the 4 th of July and it was busy but when we went for my wife's for gotten sunglasses around 4:30 it was empty.

• Visited July 2013

“Wonderful meal--best breakfast in Mpls”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Visiting Mpls for several days and had breakfast/brunch each day. This was by far the best. Farm-to-table and everything was fresh, fresh and wonderful! Cooked to perfection, great menu, good atmosphere, tables not too close...perfection! Casual dining for sure so don't expect white tablecloths but if you want great food and a relaxed, cool atmosphere, this is the place! Wild rice soup was scrumptious. I had the scrambled egg, ham & cheddar sandwich on brioche bun with stone ground mustard--really, really good. Go here! Have to admit, the service was a little slow but I was with friends so it didn't matter.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Egon S
Norfolk
“Farm Fresh!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is fresh and delicious. My husband had the Black Bean burger which was great. I had a chicken salad sandwich with a cup of the Wild Rice and Mushroom soup - both were excellent. We also loved their pickles that came with our sandwiches. Could have eaten more of them! Lots of room to eat outside under an umbrella or inside, if that's your preference. It was very busy over the lunch hour. Not much of a view and it's apparently close to the airport as the planes landing are right overhead but I enjoyed watching them.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barb N
minnetonka. minnesota
“Hip(surgery)sters”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A pleasant and pricey place for farm-to-table foodies. Not much to rave about, nothing to complain about, so is it worth a special trip? It's in that netherworld of sorta city/sorta suburbia south of Minnehaha Creek that has an enlightened bonhomie that I suppose justifies charging quite a bit for scrambled eggs.
The service, food, and atmosphere - all good.

• Visited April 2013
Illinois
“Hot Pumpkin Cider”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Got in on a Friday evening. Lucked out and were seated right away. Loved the atmosphere and drink selection. I had the fried chicken and it was amazing. Not what I expected but I’ve been craving it since I had it. I just wish I didn’t eat as much at lunch so I could have had some soup. The pumpkin cider was absolutely amazing. If you are a sucker for anything pumpkin, you’ve got to try it.

• Visited April 2013