Tripadvisor

Eli's Food and Cocktails
Ranked #274 of 2,071 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The restaurant has been at this location for over twenty years. It serves outstanding bar food--changing new dishes each week, along with a reliable, delicious regular menu. They are known far and wide for their incredible macaroni and cheese.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great spot - fun waitstaff, wonderful food. A little pricey but that's okay. I would definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed July 7, 2019

My family really enjoyed having lunch here after trying to find a nice meal and having a terrible experience at Ray J’s previously. Basically we were totally ignored as we sat and waited for about 20 minutes, so we left. Which led us to Eli’s, fortunately for us! We were so pleasantly surprised to find delicious food and a great server in Nicole. We ended up ordering the honey-soy wings twice as an appetizer, and the crab cakes were just to die for! They were well-seasoned and no filling. The ribeye steak was well-prepared and delicious. In addition, the helpings were of a great size. Needless to say I’d definitely recommend this restaurant as a great slice of Minneapolis cuisine.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

We loved the atmosphere. Sat by the window and watched passerby. They said the 1/2 portion of pasta was a big size, it was not. Drinks were good, staff was friendly. All items on the menu sounds great, it was hard to choose.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We did not know where to have lunch while visiting so we asked one of the locals.
He recommended Eli’S.
The food was good with large portions.
The service was also good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2017

This is a neighborhood gem. The only problem is that everyone will stop by once they learn about how great it is and seating is already at a premium!

OK, that's petty and selfish. Everyone should stop by because everyone deserves to enjoy a well-prepared meal in a fun setting. We've been coming here for years and I've never been disappointed...except when we can't get in. I've tried so many different things and loved every one of them. Their weekly features are always an easy choice. I often come in with an idea, but still look on the menu *just in case.*

One of my husband's favorites is to order the spicy shrimp appetizer and a half order of pasta. He also loves the patty melt. We both love the hot dogs (yes, really!), The fried egg sandwich is one of my favorites (my mouth is watering as I type this). Really, the difference is that Eli's food has big flavors, nice-sized portions, lots of choices and a great staff to bring you exactly what you want to enjoy. Just don't take my seat, pleaseandthankyou!

Date of visit: September 2017