“Husband loves it”

Ranked #23 of 2,018 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Direct line stops on the #4 and #6 routes along Hennepin.
Description: Butcher & the Boar opened in 2012 in Minneapolis, MN, with a simple idea. Create a festive and communal dining experience with American craft food, beer and bourbon. We are a steak and smoked meats house. We believe that top notch ingredients sourced from local farms and premium purveyors and prepared with superior culinary technique is the secret to great food.
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner here prior to seeing a show at the State Theater.
At 5:30 pm on a Saturday, the place was already starting to get busy. By 6:30 it was packed, bar was standing room only.

They also have an outdoor garden area and have a beautiful outdoor fireplace.

Service outstanding! Tables are very close to each other.

We tried the peanut butter stuffed jalapeños (trust me, try them) and had the sausage sampler plate. It is a renowned smokehouse, so you pretty much have to try a sausage. My husband loved everything, I thought it was just okay. I don’t really eat sausage.

Date of visit: April 2019
Douglas V, General Manager at Butcher & The Boar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for the 5 stars, glad we could be part of you date night!

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Server was very knowledgeable on what I could have as gluten free (yes, it's a meatfest, but there's always hidden gluten somewhere). Outstanding sausage combo plate (have at least one for an appetizer) and the long ribs are amazing. Very loud atmosphere, but it was great for our group of 7 which was celebrating and having a good time.

Date of visit: April 2019

So glad we could be part of the special night for your group!! We watch out for our gluten free friends!

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Really a fine dining restaurant with great food and drink! Advise you to make a reservation as this restaurant is top notch restaurant and is always crowded because of the food and drink. Filets are excellent. The corn bread is a must with your meal. Just a excellent place to eat and drink. Danny our server was excellent and was very friendly all through our meal.

Date of visit: April 2019

Thank you for the kind words and the 5 stars!! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

This place is known for their meat for good reason. We started with the king crab and sausage sampler. Both were excellent. The flavor in the king crab was incredible. We ordered the special Wagyu gold strip, beef rib, wagyu ribeye, and pork chop. Everyone loved them. The beef rib was a little too sweet and spicy for my liking but a good piece of meat regardless. We had multiple sides and dessert. Overall a fantastic atmosphere, service, and meal.

Date of visit: April 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words and 5 stars!! All your selections were fantastic!!

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Arrived for Dinner on a Saturday just as the restaurant opened. My wife and I were seated at a Combo table (1 chair and a seat on a shared bench) For the record as a chef I understand that restaurants these days are trying to put as many customers in as possible but it comes at a cost of the guests comfort. If I can hear the conversations of both parties seated in either side that alone takes away from my dining experience and overall impression. We dined on the smoked Short Rib, Scallops,a Wedge salad and Creme brulee. My wife had a White Wine (Camus) and I had the Malbec. Dinner for 2 was $194.41
I would suggest removing a few tables and give your guests room for casual conversation without sharing it with two other parties seated next to them.

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you for the feedback, I know it can be loud at times on Saturday night.. Next time ask for a booth,tends to cut the noise level.