“great night out”
Review of Butcher & The Boar

Butcher & The Boar
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & The Boar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Direct line stops on the #4 and #6 routes along Hennepin.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This restaurant is small and full, so reservations are necessary, particularly in winter when the outside is closed. We went for "date night" and had a terrific evening. The only draw back was the small circular table in a corner of the restaurant. Open view, but a little cramped esp with the size of the plates. The crowd is lively and fun, but the noise not so loud that conversation is difficult. The Hot Texas link sausage is a nice appetizer to split. We also had the bone in rib for two which was great along with fried green tomatoes. There are several other entrees I would like to try. The wine list is a bit short and with the kind of meal we ordered, looked for a full bodied wine, but the ones we were interested in were expensive (>$150). We ordered a Domaine Brouhin which while lighter went well. I have to make reservations to go back again. I should note the staff was readily available, but not "habging" on the table and we felt the service was very well done.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was one of the best meals I have had in MSP. Amazing wine list and great food. We had wood grilled oysters and sasage sampler as starters...which was a great start for our table of 6. We all ordered the Smoked Beef Long Rib, which fell off of the bone. Sides of red hot brussel sprouts, blackened cauliflower and grits rounded off the meal. Portions were HUGE!!! Great service...

Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a great culinary experience. The smoked oysters were amazing, the fries are breaded and perhaps a little much, the sausage sampler is a progession of spice (one which was past my level of enjoyment) I would just order the cheese infused option if I went again. The flinstone style beef ribs where huge and not as tasty as I had hoped but very tender. The show stopper was the butchers cut -which was a ribeye the night I was there. This piece of meat was a bit fatty but so tasty and came whith a heap of blue cheese mixture on top. We also had the texas toast which paled compared to the sizzlers texas toast, a friend said. Their strength is obviously meat which covers their menu, and where I would devote my energy enjoying.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Our friends were in town and we wanted to take them somewhere cozy with great food. I am so glad we went here as it met all of our expectations!! We shared the lobster grilled cheese, pork chops and pork ribs along with sides of broccoli and fried green tomatoes. They have a beer garden but we didn't get a chance to see it. My husband and I both agreed we will be back!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My fiance and I went this past Friday. We were originally seated at a low small table in the bar by the door and I had made a reservation nearly a month ago and asked for a nice table for my fiance's birthday. When I asked to be moved the host/hostess made accommodations and I was very grateful. Drinks - Hennepin Ave manhattan's - num! Upon recommendations from a friend we had two sausages for an app - Texas Beef Link & the Berkshire Pork & Cheddar. Very different from each other and we really liked them both. For our entree we got the Long Rib - Wow that is a big piece of meat. Definitely worth the value too. Rib meat slid right off the bone. Sides: Red Hot Brussel Sprouts, Texas Toast, and Dirty Wild Rice. I would maybe skip the brussels next time but they were still good! Great service, great food & drinks, and lovely ambience!