“New King of the Twin Cities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butcher & The Boar

Butcher & The Boar
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & The Boar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Direct line stops on the #4 and #6 routes along Hennepin.
Omaha, Nebraska
“New King of the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow! The only nit is that it's noisy, but that is mostly due to the fact it's crowded. With reason. The service is impeccable. Attentive, but nowhere near rushed. The atmosphere is charged--love the patio and bar, and kudos for not installing the "obligatory" TVs in the bar.
I am a bourbon fan, so I loved the breadth of their choices, but the beer and wine lists were likewise impressive. And the wine pours are very generous.
But the food. OMG. Started with the turkey braunschweiger. Classic. The wife loved the wedge Salad, and mine, with the pig foot, was really exceptional. The spicy shrimp were excellent, and the lamb, oh my. The sides of greens and fried green tomatoes were also first rate.
I can't wait to go back and try the sausage. This and Bachelor Farmer are, IMHO, the best in town. This was the best meal I have had since Nightwood in Chicago, last fall. World class. A tip of the hat to the chef, owners, and staff.

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Restaurant but Somewhat Disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had dinner with 2 friends, all of us visiting from out of town. I'd researched restaurants and was really looking forward to the meal. Not knowing exactly when the three of us would get to the city, we arrived w/o a reservation. Despite being advised of a long wait, we were seated shortly after arriving. We are late 50's early 60's and while not feeling out of place, it was obvious that this was a popular spot with young professionals. The overall experience was good but not memorable. One friend ordered the beef ribs. They were so greasy and fatty as to be almost inedible. Can't remember what I had. The service was adequate; but again, not memorable.

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Great meat-lovers and whiskey lovers place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The huge portions of meat were grilled right in front of you. I got the double rib pork chop that was enough meat to serve a family of 4. The chop was cooked to perfection and the blueberry maple glaze was flavorful and not overwhelming - leaving the meat to be the star. The "hot" brussel sprouts were the best side dish I have had in a long time. They also are popular with the large variety of whiskeys. We ordered a $4 shot and it was very smooth. I understand they are one of the largest sellers of Knob Creek in the country - but at 120 proof, I passed. The tab was a bit high, and the quantity of food was way too much, but overall I would recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“My new favorite in Minneapolis ... & that says a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ambiance, service & decor makes this my new favorite place. From the floor made of pennies to the beautiful display of well-thought-out draft beers, this place has it all.

The food is a bonus. Everything we had was delicious...and our big table had almost every thing on the menu. You cant go wrong w/ this place.

Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good meat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good food- the meat selection and drinks were enjoyable. The prices were a bit expensive. The restaurant was overcrowded while we were there, and the tables were too close to each other. We could hear the conversations of the couples on either side of us, that was a bit awkward. I'd like to come back sometime to give it a second chance and see what it's like during their happy hour. I hear the patio can be a good spot to meet up with friends.

• Visited February 2013