“Great Food & Drink”
Review of Republic

Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 1,841 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is worth a visit ... A return visit too. Got in late to the hotel and needed some food and a good cocktail. This was a great choice. Ordered the Kale salad, poutine, angus burger, cider, Sazerac (excellent), Mule Deer (also excellent). I would definitely come back ... Quality food and great selection of quality beer and liquor. Not disappointed at all.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rustic surrounding, many craft beers. Food was delicious, we had the salmon. Could not have been happier. It was mid afternoon so it was quiet, had a table by the window overlooking the hustle and bustle of uptown area.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We traveled to Minneapolis this past weekend for a concert and stayed in a hotel right across the street from the Republic so we decided to give it a try for breakfast since we heard they had brunch AND bloody Mary's. I will mention that the inside of the restaurant is very neat and there is plenty of seating and a nice outdoor patio. My friend and I both ordered the bloody mary bar, but I was extremely disappointed in the options. There are three different mixes that all appeared to be house made- I think one was original, one was bacon, and one was spicy chipotle. I went with the original with a splash of the spicy and added a little horseradish for flavor. I was not impressed with the taste and would probably not order a blood mary here ever again. For breakfast, I ordered the biscuits and gravy and my friend ordered the Huevos Rancheros. The biscuits were very dry and I did not like the taste of the gravy. My friend complained that the Huevoes Rancheros was cold, but did taste ok. I have heard that this place is great for drinking beer as they have a bunch of beers on tap. I would be willing to come back to try out their beer options, but would probably never come back from breakfast.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

You are probably better off to go here for Happy Hour and late night if you want to mingle with other humans. The food was good, though standard. Our server was polite and efficient...as she had only ONE other table of customers! We thought the place was closed...and it was 12:15 p.m.! But it certainly made it easy to get a window seat and enjoy the activity at the Uptown corner. The restaurant has a fun pub atmosphere.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were going to a different establishment that is under construction so came in here. I remember being in the restaurant 15 years ago and the interior stained glass is very cool. Pub food that was tasty and numerous tap beers. Recommend if in the area.

1  Thank Veni-vidi-vicidotcom