“WOW!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We "discovered" this little restaurant on our way into town. We were on the hunt for breakfast and this IS the place. Amazing food from a little quaint neighborhood place. Enjoyed the best bacon and hash-browns we've had in a long time. Only regret was that I should have bought some of their coffee to bring back home to Texas!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We found this on a top ten list of breakfast spots in Mpls when I did an internet search the evening before. I put the address in my IPad and the next morning we were "transported" to a quaint little neighborhood and this way cool neighborhood restaurant. We were offered a mug of their great coffee while we waited for a table - have never had that happen anywhere before - nice touch!
The menu was as eclectic as the surroundings but had something for everyone-- caramel rolls, hippie pancakes which included granola and was smothered in fresh berries and whipped cream, egg offerings which included some funky ingredients like trout. My husband loved his omelet and they happily added spinach as he requested. The Belgian waffles looked superb. The wait staff was helpful, friendly and seemed sincerely interested in our satisfaction. We eagerly look forward to another visit on our next weekender in the Twin Cities.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Love Hazel's - have been there three times in the last 2-3 months since we first discovered it. Superb breakfast food (haven't eaten there any other time of day). Quaint little neighborhood place with some outdoor sidewalk seating - great on an early, sunny Sunday morning in the summertime. Especially enjoyed their homemade lemon-glazed donut several weeks ago (nice appetize of sorts). On the last visit, I had the #2 omelette, which is now my favorite - stuffed with the most delicious smoked ham and white cheese - and hashbrowns that just might be the best in town (and I'm picky about hashbrowns - I don't like them squishy, greasy, undercooked, or torched - at least one of which most places seem to do). Nice and crispy, featuring onions and some kind of cheesy deliciousness inside. Oh, and real orange juice - tastes like they walked out back and picked an orange off a tree. I can't wait to go back again. On our last visit, we were well taken care of by server Katie - consummate professional.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to Saturday brunch at Hazels on Sept. 7th. We had been to Hazels once before for
dinner. We were looking forward to going back. We have family living in NE and they took
us there. I have never had french toast like that before. Banana, cinnamon, rum soaked raisons,
pecans, with brown sugar, caramel sauce. I loved it. My husband had the omlette with quacamole
and hashbrowns he said were so good they must have a secret ingredient.
We were there after 1pm and it was very busy. They were out of caramel rolls but when I
tasted the french toast I was thrilled I had ordered it. We try to eat locally grown and organic
food when we can. We would love to eat at Hazels again and we will. Wish we lived closer.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to Hazel's around 10:00 on a Saturday morning in August after staying with friends nearby. Friendly staff, indoor and outdoor seating (we sat inside, seated quicker that way). We both had omlettes, mine had quacamole and was fantastic. We were very tempted by the sight of the fresh carmel rolls on the counter. We enjoyed the art on the walls, which we learned rotates fairly often. I'd defnitely visit again, perfect for brunch and we didn't have to wait very long for a table.