“Perfect and convenient”

Historic Faculty House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
Historic Faculty House
Ranked #7 of 10 Minneapolis B&B and Inns
Malmo, Sweden
“Perfect and convenient”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here for a week when I was attending a course at University of Minnesota. The room that I had was spacious and very clean. It is very convenient to stay at this place, it is cheap and well-located.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrTraveller83

Families
Couples
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The place is pricey for what they actually offer. The rooms were smelly, the bath clogged everytime somebody used it, they didn´t clean it often either (at all). The breakfast supposedly was continental, but it was nothing more than toasts, some fruit and terrible coffee. It´s almost imposible to find the people in charge of the place, they never answer their phones even though they give it to you. The cable didn´t work either. One night it was snowing and they didn´t turn on the radiators so it was freezing cold and we had no one to help us out. I stayed there for 3 long weeks and had a terrible time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NG2507
Chicago
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Historic Faculty House for one night in August. We had a room with a private bathroom. It is a big, old fraternity/sorority house with a giant living and dining room that some of the longer term visitors use.

We picked this location because it was on campus, but away from the road and light rail construction. He could walk to his university meetings and I was centrally located to things I needed to do.

The room's furnishings were old and shabby, as were the pillows and sheets. But, everything was clean. There was cable television and decent Internet.

If I had one complaint, it was the mattress. I don't know how old it was, but it had a distinct hammock feel. We both rolled to the middle during the night.

I get the impression that most people stay here for months at a time. It seems a reasonable place to stay if you are a visiting professor or graduate student.

Breakfast is provided. My husband ate, but I was unable to since it was gone by the time I made my way to the kitchen.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank revephemeral
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had my choice of a number of the larger hotels in the area, but I couldn't have chosen better than the Faculty House. From the minute I swung open the large, darkwood door and saw "Welcome [my name]" on a sign, I knew I had the right place.

It had the personal, unique, charming feel of a boarding house from a Dickens novel -- albeit spotless and very well appointed.

I was greeted by the laughing, personable character of Tom, who quickly made me feel at home.

Rooms were capacious, quiet, and the homey-yet-meticulously-cared-for rooms made me feel like I was in the home of a wealthy aunt.

I had my choice of two kitchen to cook in -- one a tidy cubby hole and the other, larger one which felt the kitchens of an old manor house. Both were very tidy and had everything I could need.

A short walk or drive in any direction brings you into contact with delightful, wooded neighborhoods and excellent restaurants.

Internet was fast. Umbrellas were on hand to borrow.

There was rarely a staff member at the front desk, however they were easily accessible by phone.

Everything was wonderful. I will certainly return if I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business