“Delicious Dinner, Great service”
Review of Gorkha Palace

Gorkha Palace
Ranked #119 of 1,813 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Saint Paul
“Delicious Dinner, Great service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had dinner here last week and I would have to rate this as the best ethnic restaurants I have been to lately.I think it is Nepali and Indian and Tibetan. We started with the Veggie and Yak Momos... they were perfect, as was the tomato sauce served with it. We also had the veggie pakora which was delicious. The garlic flat bread was perfect. For the entree, I had a traditional dish called Spicy chicken Newari, that was recommended by our perfect and cheerful waitress. She knows the menu and can describe everything very clearly. The dinner was perfect. Others had the Chicken Sekuwa which also had a wonderful flavor. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank LChapie

PinchOnTheGo
“Great service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best thing to say about this restaurant is that the service from the staff was top notch. Every server that passed was checking out our table to see if we needed water, plates cleared, etc. It was obvious that they were all pitching in and helping each other. Must have an owner or manager that places a priority on customer service. Kudos. The other thing I appreciated was that the take out container was environmentally friendly. The food was good but not to die for. The prices were too high for the amount of food you get.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank PinchOnTheGo
“Little Gem”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

First night in MN with my son and looking for a place for dinner, looking or something different, trusted TA and went to Gorkha Palace. As soon as we entered we were impressed by the amount of non-american looking people that were dining there, not sure if Indians, Pakistani, but usually a good sign for ethnic restaurants. Both the waitress that took us at the table than the one that tended on us were very nice, open, not giving that sense of 'faked politeness' that you get sometime. Food arrived very quickly, although the naan bread never made it, some misunderstanding, and it was delicious, all of that, including the Yak. And the price was right. Definitively a place to go back next time I visit

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Nicosne
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food, Service, Ambiance. Excellent All Around”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Food is excellent. It is authentic and well-prepared.

It is a bit out of the way for us, so we don't get here very often, but on every occasion we have visited here, the food and the dining experience has been excellent.

Rashmi is a perfectionist and one of the most highly energetic people around. I feel like her signature is on every detail of this place.

This is truly a great place to experience authentic Nepali food.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank KuwaKoBhyaguto
“Great Indian/Napoli food.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Gorkha Palace several weeks ago. As others have said, the yak momo is wonderful. When I had the curry that I ordered, I had quite a pleasant surprise. I must say, that it was the best curry that I have ever had anywhere. This is a restaurant that I am sure we will revisit frequently. The food they serve is spicy, but one can work with the servers to find the right amount of spice for you. Fabulous food and service.

• Visited May 2013