“Excellent!!”

Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Duluth, MN
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I teetered between 4 and 5 stars for this review but as I thought more about Gorkha I realized it was a no brainer to give them 5 stars. Their food is absolutely fantastic and the ambiance fits very well with the food. We started out with the combination mo mo platter -- a must! Gorkha is famous for their mo mos, which they also steam and sell at the Mill City farmer's market. I believe that was the dish that allowed them to succesfully pursue a restaurant. Anyways -- the mo mos are a must. We really enjoyed the turkey ones, followed by the veggie ones, and the yak, of course. If you've never had yak, this is a great way to try it. For our entree we just split the chicken masala. Kind of a safe plate to order here, especially since they have so many different things, but it just sounded great. And it truly was great. I can honestly say this is the best masala I've ever had. The balance of tomato, cream, and spice was perfect. I really loved the masala. The chicken was also very, very tender - absolutely delicious. Did I mention that they source a lot of their food and meat locally? That is something I really appreciate, and you can tell the difference in the food. Everything is just a step above other similar restaurants. Service was fantastic as well! Our waitress was very sweet and accommodating. We were there on a Wed. night at about 7:40pm and it was pretty busy. I would definitely recommend a reservation on a Friday or Saturday. They also have a parking lot which is certainly a plus in NE!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank wisoc003

Middletown, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food and good service at great price!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My daughter and I went to Gorkha for Sunday early dinner at 6pm a few days ago. We already know that their momo, nepalese (?) dumplings with vegetable or meat inside, are great. The place is already half full when we came.
We had vegetable pakkora for appetizer. It was great. Not oily, very light, and spicy. It came with two great sauces, mint and tomato. We then had combination momo and chicken tikka masala for entrees. They were both fabulous. The chicken comes with basmati rice. I haven't tasted enough Indian food to know if the rice is good, but it tastes fine. We had water for drink so I can't really judge on their drinks. I noticed though that they do have some wine choices. The service was attentive and efficient. And when we got the bill, I was surprised at how inexpensive the whole meal was. We were happy!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank summer_fever88
Maastricht
“superb lunch buffet”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Gorkha Palace is a must go to place if you like Nepalese food, their lunch buffet is just perfect and a great deal. It is about 11 usd for the buffet which offers a variety of the best authentic Nepalese food. Loved it and will definitely return!

• Visited June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Mo Mo, don't need to say more”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Parking is a bit tight. But this is one of the rare buffets that I will eat, the food is just good and reasonable too. But usually we skip the buffet and have mo mo's, always tasty and not found in many other restaurants, if any. Service can be slow, but they are always pleasant and helpful. One of our favorite lunch spots.

Visited April 2012
Minneapolis
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

You can do no wrong going to this GREAT Restaurant. Hard to find but when you do what a treat. Start with some Mo Mo's and finish with the Chicken Coconut or Palak Paneer Wine and Beer available. Great place to eat. Think about reservations because they are starting to get ery busy...

• Visited April 2012