“Those Eclairs!!”

Ranked #6 of 35 Bakeries in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Those Eclairs!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We love Rustica! Their eclairs are to die for - the best in the cities in my opinion. They're huge - my boyfriend and I usually share one. The lattes are also great, complete with latte art! I usually get the miel and my boyfriend gets the vanilla latte - perfect every time. They have a large seating area, but it fills up fast depending on when you go. Overall, awesome. We're there about twice a month...maybe more when spring comes.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jill823

Richfield
“Nice place to get a tasty treat”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stopped by here after dinner to grab a treat. It was amazingly tasty. I got mine to go but it looked like a nice place for coffee and dessert.

• Visited November 2012
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Slow!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Cute little coffee and bakery shop...very good selection of breads and pastries, but soooooo slow when waiting for your coffee order. The few times I went there I honestly wondered if the 'regulars' got speedier service.

Visited September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I wish I still loved Rustica...”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been a fan of Rustica for a long time, since before their current digs. Their breads are still great, and they make the best scone in the Twin Cities (chocolate orange scone is my fave). When they made their move to a larger location at the top of Lake Calhoun, I thought this would be a good move. Unfortunately, the inefficient coffee process (which seems to be in the name of art and purity or some such) drives me crazy. It's operationally slow, and frankly it's just not that much better than what I can get elsewhere. Ok, call me unrefined, but on a Saturday morning post-run, I just don't feel like waiting around, staring at my yummy scone, waiting for my coffee. (And on top of this, there seem to be more mistakes with the orders than is acceptable. I suspect the wait time has something to do with it, as it's easy to walk off with someone else's coffee.) As another reviewer mentioned, it is a big room with no rugs, so it is loud. Recommendation: get your pastries to go.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DSHMinneapolis
Rochester, Illinois
“Great breakfast, great coffee”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Coffee is brewed by the cup. Of course all of the breads are baked fresh. We will certainly go back next time we are in Minnapolis.

1 Thank smurer2016