“Go for happy hour for good food and drink prices”
Review of Rosa Mexicano - Minneapolis - CLOSED

Rosa Mexicano - Minneapolis
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Hennepin (City Center)
Transit: PUBLIC TRANSIT:Take the Light-Rail to Fifth & Hennepin Avenue.
Description: Established in September 2011, our first location in the Midwest is located in downtown Minneapolis at 609 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN. Designed by Seed Design, this restaurant offers the classic Rosa Mexicano experience with a contemporary look.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The prices of Rosa Mexicano are generally on the higher end, but the Happy Hour makes it an affordable experience. We left extremely satisfied with a bill of $29 before tip. Not bad for a downtown dinner. If your in the mood for great Tequila and a meal “South of the Border,” I suggest you brave the traffic and the parking ramps of Downtown Minneapolis and head to Rosa Mexicano. You won’t be disappointed.

With a modern chic decor, Rosa Mexicano is a perfect downtown spot for a date night.

Our waitress was the perfect amount of attentive. She seemed to visit our table just enough to keep us satisfied, but not too much as to become a bother.

Presentation
The plating was great, each dish had a unique look.

Taste
We enjoyed the flavors and the variety of each dish.

Value for Dollars
This wasn't the cheapest Happy Hour we've been to, but we have spent much more on a dinner for two.

Go take a look at the Minneapolites blog for the full review, with photos!:

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rosa Mexicano in Mpls had great atmosphere. Our waiter was very professional and cute. Drinks were good and strong (which I actually enjoy). My daughter had the chicken enchiladas which came with huge bowls of black refried beans and mexican brown rice. The enchiladas were tasty and served in almost a green curry cream sauce. A nice flavor surprise. Prices seemed to be way too high however. Our check for two cocktails, one soda and one dinner entree was $53. A nice place for a special occasion dinner perhaps, but not your average lunch or dinner out.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rosa was always my favorite restaurant to visit when in NYC. This was my third time dining at the Minneapolis location and it was an excellent experience, as always. The table side guacamole and signature margaritas are always excellent - the best in the city! The food and desserts (especially the tres leche) are very good, too -- but it's the guacamole and margaritas that draw me back every time!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

food is very good and service is a little above average, but this place is clearly a popular college hangout so time your dinner wisely. if you eat after 8 or 9ish your going to start getting the loud college crowd start rolling in.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

First, the atmosphere IS beautiful and fun. Casual but elegant at the same time. However, we had to ask one too many times for services and food that the dining experience became unenjoyable. They provide complimentary chips and condiment salsa. However, we had to ask for this. When the food came it was average and my skillet chicken was supposed to have corn tortillas with it. Once again I had to ask for the tortillas. When our bill came they charged us $2.00 more for the chicken enchilada my husband ordered. And again, we asked! The waiter had to get the menu and decided we were correct and got the manager to adjust the bill to the correct price. Said they "got new menus that day." As a side note, the bathrooms were cold. I realize this is Minneapolis but I dislike a cold toilet seat and really dislike cold water when washing my hands...especially when in a cold bathroom.