“St Paul Chris and Rob's”

Chris and Rob's Chicago's Taste Authority
Ranked #544 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“St Paul Chris and Rob's”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Cool location - in an old 1922-23 Pullman rail car. Everything else, mostly a disappointment. Five of us had various choices from the menu. We ordered the Italian sausage, brat, chili dog, salad, mozzarella sticks, tenders with fries and side salad. The salad was standard, hard to go wrong. The mozzarella sticks were tasty and came with a nice sauce. The tenders were also standard fare, nothing special. The issues came with the Italian sausage, brat and chili dog. The sausage and brat were both overcooked, dry and tough. The chili dog never arrived until we went back to the counter to inquire. Oops, even though it was on the order, they forgot to prepare it. Once it arrived, it was very blasé. Will try the Minneapolis location, but will definitely skip the St Paul place.

• Visited August 2013

“Expected more.......”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

my partner and I stopped here for a late lunch on a lazy day. I've wanted to try the food here for as long as I can remember. Place is very popular with Mpls Police Dept- I drive by 4x's a week on my daily commute-always officers eating here. For what you pay, would have expected a better hot dog- it was small and gross! The menu is over-priced for the product you get. A side note-my partner loved it!

Visited August 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Italian beef sandwiches”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I grew up in Chgo and I know good Italian beef, and Chris & Rob's have it. They load up the sandwich with juicy beef and hot gardinera. The have the combo sandwich too that adds the italian sausage.
I keep wanting to try more on their menu, but I keep ordering that sandwich every time. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
“Italian Beef a Must!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to C&R's a couple times in the past and have never been disappointed. Every time I end up here I tell myself that i will try something different. They have a lot of options but i always go with the Italian Beer and the Tator Tots. Cant be beat. The also have authentic style Chicago dogs with all the fixins. Going to this place on a Friday for lunch is what I would recommend.

Visited March 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Something just ain't right”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Italian Sausage comes plain, no marinara or cheese, you have to pay extra....that is a complete shame because the sandwich was terrible plain. I got it home and could not believe that it would be served this way. No sauce, peppers, cheese nothing. Chili dog had cheez wiz on it...I specifically asked if it was cheez wiz and they said no way....guess what...it was. Chicago dogs are fair to good but very high priced. Fries are less than mediocre. Being a Chicago native who has eaten over 5,000 Chicago all beef hot dogs in my life I was hoping for something good, not great...believe me this place is not good.

• Visited February 2013