“HUGE place with great rooftop bar and service”

Rare Steak and Sushi
Ranked #536 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Bus stop directly in front of hotel.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Tasty sushi
Great service
Enormous space
Delicious desserts - esp choc cake, bread pudding and strawberry cake

1  Thank KWCRB

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Located on the 2nd floor of The Grand Hotel, this restaurant offers an impressive menu filled with items that are each made with care and attention. Absolutely phenomenal. The quality of the service food and ambiance did not make sense to me until I realized that it was a Kimpton Hotel. We have yet to see anything for Kimpton which is below par. Did not stay in the hotel, but the restaurant was top notch. Great place to conduct business or have a quiet romantic meal.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went to Rare because we were staying at the Grand Hotel and we went for ease of use. We were expecting a mediocre, over-priced restaurant and were actually pleased. The prices are reasonable for what they are.The food is good, too. The service was great, my water glass never got empty. We ended up enjoying our meal.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friends and I frequent Rare for happy hour. They have average drink and food deals for downtown Minneapolis. The food is excellent though. And the atmosphere of the restaurant is awesome...it's quiet, nice ambience. The staff are so nice and attentive.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant itself was very nice and the service was very good however the meal I had wasn't anything special. I ordered the half roasted chicken and it had very little flavor. The sides that I ordered were nice - whipped potatoes & vegetable medley. I was traveling on business solo and this would be a better place to go if you weren't alone as it had a nice romantic setting.