“Valentines Dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Bus stop directly in front of hotel.
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife treated me to dinner at Rare for Valentines Day dinner. We decided to sample their menu since neither had never eaten here before. She ordered the steak medium rare & I order several roles of sushi. The service by our waitress was good and she always made a point to ask if we wanted another round of drinks before our current drinks were empty ( Which I very much enjoyed)! Anyways, the steak was good, not fabulous but it was good. The sushi was also good but nothing to write home to mom about. The one thing I was impressed with, was the variety of different roles that appeared to break the mold of the traditional sushi restuarant. I would probably visit Rare again.

1  Thank Chris S

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Pleasant room, reasonable prices. But the dinner was VERY disappointing, especially for a restaurant with this name. I ordered the strip steak rare, and it arrived more like medium. If I go back again (possible, not likely), I will not order steak again. It was a huge disappointment.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I dined at this establishment on a Saturday night, and for having no customers, I can't believe how horrible the service was. But the worst part of my experience was opening the Sunday paper the next morning to find a full blown-front page article about Rare and how they are the lowest Heath department rated Resturant in the city!! I almost got sick right there, yuk!!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had a company event in the Sushi bar and they weren't ready when we arrived.

The waitress took our order and I ordered water. I was told to walk across the room to a water station and get it myself. Others had the same experience. Even the bartender directed people to the table in the corner.

We were in the downstair bar and couldn't get Internet and the waitress directed us to a table by the window so we could use the Crown Plaza's Internet. We have solved the problem we just go to the Crown Plaza now.

I could go on with a lot more stories. These are not isolated incidents. It is so disappointing because I have always had excellent service at Kimpton hotels in thebpast.

1  Thank Mplsdtgirl
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife, our daughter and I were very pleased with our dinner at Rare. We did not try the sushi, but the beef, the vegetables, and the salads were all top notch. And the service was just right-- personable, knowledgeable, and prompt. An excellent evening!

1  Thank JRsvA_10