“relaxing, delectable, people-watching extroidinare”
Review of Surdyk's Flights

Surdyk's Flights
Ranked #281 of 1,820 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Contemporary
Colorado
“relaxing, delectable, people-watching extroidinare”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is located in the main hall of the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. It is worth it even if you only have time to swing by and pick-up a sandwich and beverage on your way to your flight. I suggest the JOIA soda. Surdyk's has a variety of local Minnesota offerings and JOIA is one of the unique sodas. I always make sure my carry-on has plenty of room so I can take some home with me.

The food is creative and delicious. More high class and yet casual than what is available in my area. The service has been consistently helpful and kind. The waiter seems like he works all the time, or at least each time I fly. He remembers his customers, too. And I like feeling like I'm on Cheers, "where everybody knows my name."

They have earl grey infused vodka. I have not tried it yet and am sad that they don't sell it on site. I was looking forward to bringing it home and trying some. Now I know what to order first next time. This trip I had a Bellini which was a lovely way to start a 3-hour layover. I then moved on to a smoked turkey manchego sandwich which melted my taste buds - divine. I went simple this time and ordered the wine that was suggested to complement this sandwich. It was a French white and perfect.

On my way to my flight, I of course purchased some JOIA and tried some amazing chocolate cookies. Wish I had purchased more. :)

And did I mention the people watching? The only place to people watch better than the set-apart seating in the middle of the main hall of a large busy international airport is the State Fair.

They do close at 8pm.

• Visited July 2013

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Welcome stop”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a long international flight this great little deli was exactly what we needed! This was a great find in an airport; perfect coffee, friendly staff and tasty food. We shared a panini and couldn't have been happier with the selection of cakes and brownies. Thumbs up!

• Visited July 2013
Ellenton, Florida
“Best Meal I've *EVER* Had in an Airport!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow. Wow. Wow. Starved, travel weary, and bleary-eyed I stumbled into Surdyk's Flights by pure chance. One side is a lovely wine shop/bar, where you can enjoy a flight of wine and the other side is an adorable, comfortable, inviting bistro with THE most delicious food I've ever tasted in an airport. Ever. From salad to dessert, I was in travel Heaven. You can even purchase bottles, bakery items, salads, and sandwiches to go- but if you have a few minutes to spare, take a seat and just... relax. Ahhhhhhh!

• Visited June 2013
Shady Cove, Oregon
“Yummy and Yucky”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Needed a quick dinner to go while at the airport. Picked up a Chicken Banh Mi from the deli counter. Would have been a great sandich except for the entire hunk of gristle that connects the leg bone to the thigh bone. With more chicken and less gristle your rating would be excellent..

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis
“My first choice at MSP”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Love to stop if I have time for a quick meal. Had the Minneapple Panini on my current trip. Tasty turkey, brie, apple with a touch of lingonberry sauce on a beautifully textured bread. Small side of cold beet salad. I am mostly a Pinot Noir drinker and their three Pinot selections were $15,$16,$17. Crazy wine prices. Split a glass of Witness Tree 2010 Pinot Noir with someone a couple seats down from me which worked out well. They have a selection of food and beverages available to go too. I love sitting at the interior bar. Not good for large groups of people.

Visited April 2013