“Yummy and Yucky”

Surdyk's Flights
Ranked #284 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Needed a quick dinner to go while at the airport. Picked up a Chicken Banh Mi from the deli counter. Would have been a great sandich except for the entire hunk of gristle that connects the leg bone to the thigh bone. With more chicken and less gristle your rating would be excellent..

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Love to stop if I have time for a quick meal. Had the Minneapple Panini on my current trip. Tasty turkey, brie, apple with a touch of lingonberry sauce on a beautifully textured bread. Small side of cold beet salad. I am mostly a Pinot Noir drinker and their three Pinot selections were $15,$16,$17. Crazy wine prices. Split a glass of Witness Tree 2010 Pinot Noir with someone a couple seats down from me which worked out well. They have a selection of food and beverages available to go too. I love sitting at the interior bar. Not good for large groups of people.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We layover in MSP every time we fly. If we have a long layover my wife doesn't grump like she used to, she drags me to Surdyk's. I wouldn't call it a great restaurant and they have no pretenses about that, but they do have a nice wine/beer selection and appetizers/snacks/light fare that are well above average. Had the chicken liver pate this PM, outstanding.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I always hope for a long layover whenever flying through MSP airport. They have a fun wine list (flights of wine so you can try smaller amounts of several different ones). I love the cheeses as well (they substitue for any type you dont like). There are good salad and sandwich options to choose from as well. And if there is a wine you like, you can get a bottle to go.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a place to stop for a bite. This could be my favorite airport restaurant EVER. I went with some recommendations on foursquare and was not disappointed. The Smoked Salmon Salad was so yummy! and the suggested wine pairing was a perfect complement. True, it wasn't the cheapest airport meal I've ever eaten, but it was the ONLY one worth the price. They also carry local delights and I was thrilled to find a BT McElerath Sea Salt toffee chocolate bar in the shop. perfect treat.