“Really Bad Trip!!”

Paradise Charter Cruises and Minneapolis Queen
plymouth, mn
“Really Bad Trip!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My kids gave me a gift certificate for the Minneapolis Queen and I decided to use it Oct. 8th to see the fall color and enjoy a brunch. What a disappointment!! The boat went north from Boom Island Park and there is NOTHING but ugly industrial proerties to look at - no trees, no beach areas, nothing!! The narration was about the bridges and their construction and the industrial facilities - not a word about nature or the river itself. Oh, and the food was mediocre at best. The eggs (only a choice of scrambled) were hard and cool. The waffles were cool, well I guess everything was cool - even the fruit was cool - not cold. They had no coffee until we asked them and then they brewed some but we had to go and get it. They forgot to bring it to us even though we asked for it. Overall this was possibly the most disappointing excursion I've ever been on and I have been in many places - both domestic and foreign.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank jim k

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“How disappointing. Don't waste your money.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you want to pay $80 per person to travel up the Mississippi to see practically nothing, by all means take this cruise. Yes, I said $80 per person for a 2-hour cruise with dinner. There are far better options for spending time on the river -- all of them more worthwhile than this one. Save your money. Don't go on this cruise.

6 Thank MapleGrove4
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Don't get sick!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I purchased (2) tickets and one of us got sick the day we were to attend the cruise. When I called to ask if the days could be switched, they said I would have to call back the next day (Monday) to ask. I called back and they said that there are no refunds or exchanges. Waste of money and poor customer service.

2 Thank B C
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Boring part of the river & blah food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Two parts to this experience- the river cruising and the brunch food. The beautiful yacht cruises up river where there is not much scenery, just scrap metal and a couple bridges. Then they reverse course and take us to the edge of Minneapolis to the Hennepin Avenue bridge and turn around to go back to the dock at Boom Island. They do not go thru the locks. So there is little scenic value to this river cruise. Regarding the $32 brunch, the upstairs has the bar where you can order drinks. The brunch comes with coffee, hot tea if you ask for it, iced tea, and pink lemonade. Other drinks will cost you more money. The brunch buffet is downstairs and the upstairs tables were dismissed last so we got to the picked over buffet about 12:15. The scrambled eggs were dense and dry, the fruit was almost gone, the pastries were dry, the sausage links and ham were fine, and the belgian waffles were okay. For this kind of money, we could have visited with friends and enjoyed the best brunch at a fancy restaurant in town and not have paid $32 each. Sorry that we cannot recommend this.

3 Thank LizaJane_12
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not my Idea of a Buffet”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I would not do the Brunch Buffet. There wasn't any coffee ready when we boarded. We waited for the line to get smaller, big mistake! By the time we got to the food it was all picked over. I asked about refilling the hot plates and was told that was all they brought. I feel you should be able to get at least one run at the food. What was left was not hot and very low quality. Asked for some cream cheese for a Bagel, and never heard back from the help. I feel for $32.00 this is way over priced. Not even a free Memosa. The boat ride was also a disapointment. They should tell you BEFORE you but your tickets that you will not be going through the locks. If you like bad food, rocks, and" Grafitti "this is the boat ride for you. I can honestly say that I would not go or recomend this to anyone.

4 Thank lsampson88