“Uber Gourmet”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Uber Gourmet”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

BF is at the top of many lists for best of MSP. Understandable based on uber gourmet approach, attentive service, and fawning reviews. Enjoyed a meal with friends there - but don't need to go back. Difficult to find something I wanted to really eat for the taste rather than the experience. Drinks and wine were all on the edge as well. They stretch so hard to be different that it borders on strange. If you want really unique foods and a trendy vibe, enjoy. Otherwise, any number of good restaurants offer a more genuine meal and value.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank RSJ50

New England
“Freezing night, fab food.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Bachelor Farmer not only offers great food, but the staff is simply superb! The menu is concise and highlights the best that the region has to offer, even in the dead of late winter. From a fabulous duck pate and a masterful steak tartare to perfectly done scallops (they ran out of walleye, sigh) everything was just a delight. And don't miss the downstairs bar - again knowledgeable staff and top notch ingredients.

• Visited March 2014
“Family, Farmer Style”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Capped off a great girl's weekend with a Sunday night family style dinner at The Bachelor Farmer. The set menu was wonderful, with the exception of dessert. But honestly, my stomach was stuffed with the previous two wonderfully prepared and presented courses, that I don't feel I missed out on too much (except stomach upset from eating too much.) Can't wait to return with my husband. I felt a bit guilty for experiencing such a gem without him.

• Visited February 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Local food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Just had dinner here last night on Valentine's Day! Started out with the little radishes dish (complimentary while choosing our meals) which were great & something nice to munch on. Next, we chose the oysters as our appetizer (a special item specific to Valentines Day). For dinner, Josh & I each had a glass of white wine (took the recommendation from our waitress & it was fantastic! ), and we shared the pheasant meatballs. I've never had pheasant before, and these were fantastic! Our side was the fried sweet potatoes & those were absolutely delicious! We topped off dinner with the espresso bean chocolate mousse which was another big hit!

The only thing I was not a fan of were the oysters we shared for an appetizer, and thats only because I just dont like oysters! It had absolutely nothing to do with the restaurant! Josh wanted them, & I wanted to try them! I would definitely dine here again for a special occasion! A little pricey (our total bill with tip was $100) but the food is great, local, organic, fresh & top notch! So you get what you pay for & we both loved it!! Rustic farm decor, inviting atmosphere, great food, & great service! I would definitely recommend The Bachelor Farmer!

“Great experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience. Walked in on Sunday morning and gave me a sheet right away. Reminded me of my Nana's cooking.