“Good food”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,833 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Don't be alarmed when looking at the menu! At first glance my wife and I were a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out what we would eat. As it turned out we picked 2 main dishes that we shared and both were excellent. The wine pairing offered was good as well.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had an awesome time at Marvel Bar with some of my friends. This is the place to go for a unique atmosphere, great drinks, and fun people watching. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We went with a friend for our first time for Sunday brunch and were very impressed. The dishes were great, lemon pancakes, deep Gris French toast, and a duck sausage and duck egg sandwich that was off the hook! 3 people with a total bill including drinks and a fat tip for $99. Excellent service too. We will be back for sure.

1  Thank Perry L
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We've been their twice for brunch and have loved it both times!! Are there issues? Yes but the food is so worth it! If you can arrive early and wait in line, that is best. Otherwise be prepared to wait for a table. But our wait wasn't bad. We were told 35-40 minutes and it took about 30 minutes. The hostess was friendly and well organized.

The two other issues that everyone mentions are service and price. The service is slow. It seemed to take a long time to have our order taken but then the food came relatively quickly. And it is expensive but it is soooo good!!

I had the pyttipanna, which is one of the best things I've ever eaten! My husband had the scramble with Brussel sprouts and mushrooms. He liked it but said that next time he would get what I had. We also had a brioche and the caramel pecan apples. My Gin and Tonic #3 was also excellent, I may be making all my G&T's with grapefruit now.

It isn't something we would do regularly but as a special treat it was wonderful!!

1  Thank travelmavenMn
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went there for brunch. Seating was reasonably fast, atmosphere was enjoyable, food was awesome, staff was fast and polite. A unique place to eat, with very good quality and novel dishes. Definitely worth a try. I will be returning.