“All Hype”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,794 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Scandinavian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Minnesota
“All Hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The dishes are expensive for what you get. The decorations on the plate are nice, but I don't pay for decorations. Drink was so/so. Waitress was nice, the setting is nice, but the menu has weird and limited choices. I wish I would've gone to a steak house and got all the fixings, for the price I paid here.

4 Thank Teejaaa

“Underwhelmed after all the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I woke up this morning with a sense of regret, tired after being out too late, going to bed hungry and having spent too much money. I have no problem spending $20 on an entree if the food is exceptional and I leave feeling satiated. The pork shoulder has the most tender piece of meat I've ever had, but only 1/8" thick and 6" round, with a side of 8 torched broccoli medallions.

Btw- the punch in the Marvel Bar is vacant of liquor. Apparently you have to spend $10 to get a drink with alcohol.

2 Thank Jamisk
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We made reservations 5 months in advance to get a table at 7pm on a Saturday night. We really enjoyed our meal. My hubby and I shared an appetizer, toast, entree, and dessert. It sounds like a huge amount of food but their portion sizes are quite reasonable and we were not stuffed. My favorite item was the smoked pork shoulder toast, it was very flavorful and balanced.

After our meal we also walked downstairs to check out Marvel bar which is also very neat.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Scandinavians try the Bachelor Farmer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went for Sunday supper celebrating a birthday, 7 of us from age 88 down to 11. Everything was tasty and unique, especially enjoyed the creative cocktails! The salad was one of the best I've ever had (salanova lettuces and kumquats?) and I loved the pan bread. The one thing I wasn't terribly fond of was the main course, braised short ribs. Though flavorful, it was also very fatty and the restaurant was dimly lit so I couldn't really see to avoid it. The side green vegetable was GREAT, but I think the person sharing my plate must of ate all the potatoes because I see them listed on the menu but don't remember seeing any. I hadn't had THAT many cocktails! (Flashlight app?) Fun to eat family style. Be prepared to spend a lot of time there as they don't take reservations for Sunday supper. We arrived at 6pm, waited in the bar an hour and were done past 9:30. The 11 year old hated everything, but that is no surprise. I would love to try it on another night and experience their full menu. Overall very enjoyable: interesting concept, good service (though you certainly won't feel rushed), unique and delicious food. A good place for a 20 something's birthday!

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis
“Bachelor Farmer will charm you and make you happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Bachelor Farm brings together local and artisan ingredients together with a modern Scandinavian flair. They have great options for all different courses including their "toast" course, which is toppings for open-faced sandwiches on toast. They are perfect for sharing and are generally more adventurous items. The entrees are out of this world. Bachelor Farmer bring a ton of flavor to the table.

Don't forget their cocktails. They have a great mixologist on staff. And if that isn't your cup of tea, ask your server for suggestions. They have a great wine list, fun beers and fantastic after dinner drinks. The desserts are wonderful too.

If you just can't leave after dinner, head downstairs to their sister bar.

While I have to pick one category, this is a great restaurant for a romantic night out and a night out with friends. So much of the food is meant to be shared.

• Visited January 2013