“Best breakfast I've ever had”
Review of Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackbird Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Clever New American fare is served at this cozy, farm-to-fork cafe. Offering made-from-scratch breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, plus focused wine list, craft beer, and weekend brunch.
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and our dog sat on the patio for breakfast, and it was just amazing! Friendly staff, fast service, great mimosas and a pleasant patio. I had the breakfast burrito with chorizo and my girlfriend had the Coleen and we both agreed it was the tastiest and best breakfast either of us had ever had. Thanks for the great experience!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed this place quite a bit. Entree prices are excellent (of course, throw in a drink or two and one of their awesomely unique appetizers and you get back up there pretty quickly), The menu much change because a lot of what is referenced below wasn't on the menu today. There was a French 'white sausage' (sorry, I don't remember the French words for it) that they make there that was one of the best lean sausages I've ever had. Very fun menu items. Good service, manageable prices, good neighborhood. what's not to like!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Worth the wait. Sweet potato biscuits and gravy are not to be missed. Beautiful made-to-order frittatas. A special today was pancakes typed with rhubarb/chocolate/pistachio. Something for every breakfast lover.

1  Thank Jango53
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A great lunch place that is always reliable and delicious. I felt badly for Blackbird when Stewart Woodman's carelessness in maintaining his kitchen next door to Blackbird resulting in Blackbird being burned out by the fire that started in Woodman's kitchen. It just 3 blocks away from us and a humming lunch spot. I like to take business clients here for lunch since it's so reliable and a little "offbeat" with the antlers (European style) on the walls, something they managed to carry over from the burned out location. Services is snappy. Noise level is medium. I like it.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

A visit home in the old neighborhood revealed this surprise filled with Minnesota charm and good food like brussel sprout hash and grilled broccolini and entrees that bring back the senses of the locals. I felt like I was foraging on delight. Great atmosphere and service in an old brick building that once housed a furniture store. This was a real welcome home eatery- walleye po'boy.

1  Thank Victoria M