“Excellent!”
Review of Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackbird Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Clever New American fare is served at this cozy, farm-to-fork cafe. Offering made-from-scratch breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, plus focused wine list, craft beer, and weekend brunch.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My GF and I went there for B/F for our "Me" Day. Soooo good! We had eggs, bacon,sausage, hashbrowns(that were to die for!) and thick bread that had to be homemade. And if that wasn't enough, we split a half order of the the sausage gravy with a sweet potato buscuit. The sausage had a very good flavor--just a little spice. And the bacon...not shriveled....thick full sized pieces. They kept our coffee cups full and were so very pleasant. I had checked out the rating about a year ago and it wasn't good. My GF wanted to try it so we did. I am so glad that we did. I can't wait to go again.....and it's only about 5 blocks from where I live.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went for Saturday brunch. One of my girls had sweet potato biscuits w/ gravy and my other had the french toast kids meal. I had the oxtail hash w/ root veggies. OMG if I ate that every meal for the rest of my life I would die happy!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My GF had heard good things about this place, we checked trip advisor, read a poor review and almost didn't go. I'm glad we decided to go, because we liked it. The atmosphere was comforting, just like the hot coffee, kind service and delicious food. We will go back again. For the record, the hash browns aren't greasy.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped here for a breakfast/lunch and really enjoyed it. Coffee was good, the food great, prices more than fair with friendly service in a cool atmosphere. This place certainly checks all the boxes.
My wife had the crepes with blueberry/cranberry compote and sweet ricotta and I ordered the spicy udon noodles with peanuts, vegetables and tofu. Both dishes were great. The compote had a nice sweet/tart blend between the cranberries and blueberries, and the sweet ricotta was a perfect accompaniment. A great dish for $9.
I love Pad Thai, but I liked their spicy Udon noodles with peanuts and tofu even more. The veggies, including lots of deep flavored mushrooms, were really fresh and it was spiced perfectly. It was a good sized portion and priced at only $13.
Even if you're downtown, it's a quick drive and worth it.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were visiting Minneapolis and just happened across the Blackbird. What a great meal! The waitress was great and recommended some particulars. We had chicken and lemon grass potstickers that were delicious. Their "shave apple" salad with a white cheese, and a tarragon/curry vinaigrette was outstanding. I had rainbow trout that was prepared very well and our dessert was, again, way above average. The restaurant is a little tight on the seating but overall it is a great place for dinner.

1  Thank DJ142