“Great South Minneapolis Breakfast Spot”
Review of Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackbird Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,835 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Clever New American fare is served at this cozy, farm-to-fork cafe. Offering made-from-scratch breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, plus craft beer, wine and weekend brunch.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A group of us went here on a Sunday morning, looking to try a new place to try in Minneapolis, and came across Blackbird. They have a pretty diverse menu with great healthy and not-healthy options, as well as small kids menu. I had a meal with chorizo in it and it was great. All 5 of us really enjoyed our food. The menu is not crazy weird, they just do a great job with everything they put out. We are definitely going back soon.

Something to note is that you shouldn't send someone early to get a table. You have to have your entire group with you when you arrive, that is a policy (which I kind of liked) that you won't be seated until your entire group is there.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went with my husband and we were both very satisfied. We had the fried olives stuffed with salami, which is a fun little appetizer to start with. I had the Banh Mi sandwich: I am usually not a huge pork fan, but it sounded interesting and was very good. Good beer selection, service nice and attentive.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very charming little place! Second time here and still satisfied and happy. The longhorn sandwich was great (as always). My friend had some sort of pork sandwich and liked it quite a bit. It's the perfect place for a quiet dinner or brunch, as it's bustling but not too busy you can't get in. Our waiter was attentive, but a bit awkward when taking orders and responding to questions. Maybe it was just me???? Gotta be a people person in this business

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Blackbird Cafe is everything I love in a restaurant: it's not a chain, the food is very good, the servers are friendly, attractive and welcoming and they get the job done effectively without hovering, and the decor is really interesting: a garage-sale mix of vintage architectural junque and high-style quirkiness. The prices are middle-of-the-road. It is a bit nutty trying to find a parking spot - the streets are all torn-up, but I have to say the extra effort pays off once you get inside.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Blackbird has been a family favorite since it opened, and then reopened in a different location. They consistently have top quality in all they do, small bites, entrees, beer and wine offerings and lastly, desserts. The staff excels in all areas and we are never disappointed. Stop by, it will soon become your favorite as well!!