“Great Little Small Plate Cafe”
Review of Blackbird Cafe

Blackbird Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackbird Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Clever New American fare is served at this cozy, farm-to-fork cafe. Offering made-from-scratch breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, plus craft beer, wine and weekend brunch.
Olympia, Washington
“Great Little Small Plate Cafe”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good beer list, great little small plate menu - Salads, appetizers, sharable mains, specials.
Kitchy atmosphere, relaxed service, take the time you need to chat, share and eat without pressure.

Minneapolis
“yummy!! great atmosphere!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just went here for dinner with my friend. I didn't know much about it before hand...we had the hoisin duck buns for appetizers and each had a spicy noodle bowl for dinner. Who knew they had so much Asian food on it? All were delicious. Flavors were excellent!!!! Yummmm! Portions were generous, too, but not so big that I felt too stuffed. Next time I will have to try something non-Asian from the menu. Everything was reasonably priced and looked amazing.

The atmosphere was great - really interesting decor. It wasn't loud and bustling...more like quiet and intimate. I am definitely going to come back here!!

Pascagoula, Mississippi
“Great dining experience at a neighborhood cafe”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was another great Minneapolis culinary adventure during my 1250 mile trek from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Great food is very common to me, since I frequently dine in New Orleans. But on my last 2 trips to Minneapolis, I now consider their food as good as any American city, and the Blackbird Café is one reason why. Extremely friendly service staff with excellent offerings such as Roasted Cod with vegetables also roasted, Duck Rolls, Seafood Tacos, Poached Pear Salad, Grilled Caesar Salad, Walleye PoBoy, the best glass of tap beer I have ever tasted (can't remember the name) and a first class wine selection. This will be my first stop on my next trip!

Roseville, Minnesota
“Wowee wow wow...”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had breakfast here on a Sunday morning- great menu, comfortable and eclectic decor, friendly service. This is the quintessential cool neighborhood cafe, the type everyone wants to have around the corner from home. I will definitely be back to try the lunch and dinner fare!

• Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Breakfast - Looking forward to Lunch/Dinner”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great atmosphere - large, comfortable booths with several tables. Space at the bar as well. My wife and I stopped by for breakfast. Attentive service, food came out very timely. I had the huevos rancheros with the avocado & chorizo. Salsa on the eggs was awesome. My wife had a traditional eggs, bacon, hasbrowns, toast. Menu is fairly priced for the quality of the food which was high. I was eyeing up the tap beers - good selection, looking forward to going back for dinner.

• Visited March 2013