Arrived at this hotel at 1am for an overnight stay. W had a friends and family discount sheet that secured a room for us for $80. In the morning, we were told that they had lost the sheet and I had get it again from a friend in Colorado as I was driving to Wisconsin. Very convenient. They are supposedly pet friendly, but that means a $100 non-refundable charge to have a pet. I can see having an extra charge for pets, but $100 is completely ridiculous. This was a bigger shock than having to pay $14 just to park at the hotel. For being pet friendly, there is nowhere to walk a dog without being on city streets. The small amount of grass was covered in dog poop as I guess the hotel does not clean the grounds. That being said, the dog owners should have picked up after their own dogs, but I would think the hotel would want nice grounds.
The rooms are so loud that there is no sleeping going on if a mouse runs through the room next to yours. There is even a door between rooms that only has an open grate to separate you from your neighbor.
The so called breakfast consists of oatmeal and cereal. Oh yea, and only one pot of oatmeal so you better get there first thing if you want some.
Our cost of $80 for a room overnight ended up costing $215. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody for any stay. Conveniently for this hotel, they do not have comment cards, emails, or phone lines for guests to use. I guess they know the situation but don't want to be told daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TownePlace Suites Downtown Minneapolis by Marriott is a conveniently located hotel near Target Field (new home of the Minnesota Twins), Mall of America Field, the Convention Center, Target Center, the University of Minnesota and the Hennepin Theater District. This downtown hotel features apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave. Downtown Minneapolis' solution to extended stay lodging, the TownePlace Suites offers special rates based on your length of stay keeping your budget in mind. Perfect for the business traveler, Twins fans, theater buffs or shoppers, the TownePlace Suites is within walking distance of the Light Rail/ NorthStar Rail and the Mississippi River. You can relax in our spacious guest rooms featuring Marriott's new bedding with triple sheeting and plush pillows, work out in our 24-hour exercise rooms or play a game of pool in our unique billiards room. Let our outstanding staff become your personal concierge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Towneplace Suites