WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop

TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Waseca, Minnesota
“Nice option for Twins Game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed here in 2 bedroom suite with family for a Twins Game. Easy walk to the ballpark, parking at the hotel was not a problem and the room was clean and comfortable . Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Like others have said, this hotel is in the warehouse district and not in downtown, so it can be a bit further walk to downtown. As it was rainy, we were able to jump in the skyway system a few blocks from the hotel (Ramp C) and make our way downtown.

I would certainly consider this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TPS_MSP, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that you join us again whether visiting a Twins Game or just a weekend in Minneapolis!

Hope to host you again soon,
The TownePlace Suites Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great stay - good, clean, modern rooms - great quieter location in Minneapolis - friendly, helpful, responsive staff. If you want a bit of city with a neighborhood feel, pick this hotel situated in the trendy Norrh Loop. As good as you can get for a "home away from home".

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before using to make sure it is acceptable for your taste - change to a bett...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on being each guests "home away from home", so it was wonderful to hear you say that. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!

Take care,
The TownePlace Suites Staff
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The location isnt the best as far as what is around it.. its a little bit tucked away behind everything. there is a small general type 7 eleven store across the street on the corner within walking distance which is great. they have underground parking, outside parking, and street parking. I had a hard time figuring out where to park given the signs are lacking around the complex.. that was extremely irritating. As well as the fact I had a guest arrive who parked in the ramp as well and instead of paying for their own parking they went ahead and charged the parking to my room which I had to pay for the next day at checkout and I had absolutley no idea they didnt pay for themselves and i even asked my guest when they arrived if they paid for parking and they said yes.. i did. BUT THEY NEVER DID! they had to check in at the front desk and get a parking pass to put in their car and the front desk gave them the option to put the parking fee (13.00) on the room charge or just pay it themselves. I WAS INFRUIATED BY THIS! my guess was not authorized by me to charge anything to MY ROOM, and wasnt on my room name.. how could this hotel possibly think its ok for someone other than me (or the name on the room which it is reserved under) to make charges on someone elses room.. that baffled me and i was extremely upset about that. they are actually lucky I owed my guest 10 dollars from them overpaying for a ticket to a party.. so that is the only reason why i didnt mind paying their parking in the am.. if it wasnt for that i would have been infruiated as all heck!!! that ruined by that their.. however the room was clean, and comfortable and very spacious.. we got the 2 bedroom suite and felt it was very large and nice. the tv was too small and you couldnt really see it being it was on the other side of the room from the couchs..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great hotel, great location for a great price! I had an all around great experience, especially with the staff. We look forward to staying again this summer. Can't wait to utilize the outdoor pool area, it looks great!

Room Tip: All rooms have full kitchens which was great for my wallet. We didn't need to spend all of our...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I am a daily exerciser. This hotels exercise room has outdated equipment and the treadmills seemed dangerous. I really have to say that they need to spend the money to update it. Otherwise I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ava
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were traveling with family and needed a suite for two couples. This suite had two private bedrooms, a large wheelchair accessible bath, and a fully stocked kitchen. All this for only $110 per night, per couple. The location to downtown Minneapolis was also great! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great place to stay but I had a terrible experience when I let the hotel scheduled my taxi transportation- they misled me to the wrong cab- ended up getting stiffed by cab driver (paid $45 to go 8 miles). By the time the hotel staff called me to point this out I was running late to my appointment and more than halfway to the site.
I then called the hotel and they were not sympathetic in misleading me to the wrong cab.
So, watch it: don't let them book you a taxi!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TPS_MSP, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you while staying at the TownePlace Suites. We work very closely with the various transportation companies in Minneapolis and call many guests taxis each morning. This situation was a very honest mistake and we apologize for the trouble it caused you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback.

The TownePlace Suites Management