The location isnt the best as far as what is around it.. its a little bit tucked away behind everything. there is a small general type 7 eleven store across the street on the corner within walking distance which is great. they have underground parking, outside parking, and street parking. I had a hard time figuring out where to park given the signs are lacking around the complex.. that was extremely irritating. As well as the fact I had a guest arrive who parked in the ramp as well and instead of paying for their own parking they went ahead and charged the parking to my room which I had to pay for the next day at checkout and I had absolutley no idea they didnt pay for themselves and i even asked my guest when they arrived if they paid for parking and they said yes.. i did. BUT THEY NEVER DID! they had to check in at the front desk and get a parking pass to put in their car and the front desk gave them the option to put the parking fee (13.00) on the room charge or just pay it themselves. I WAS INFRUIATED BY THIS! my guess was not authorized by me to charge anything to MY ROOM, and wasnt on my room name.. how could this hotel possibly think its ok for someone other than me (or the name on the room which it is reserved under) to make charges on someone elses room.. that baffled me and i was extremely upset about that. they are actually lucky I owed my guest 10 dollars from them overpaying for a ticket to a party.. so that is the only reason why i didnt mind paying their parking in the am.. if it wasnt for that i would have been infruiated as all heck!!! that ruined by that their.. however the room was clean, and comfortable and very spacious.. we got the 2 bedroom suite and felt it was very large and nice. the tv was too small and you couldnt really see it being it was on the other side of the room from the couchs..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TownePlace Suites Downtown Minneapolis by Marriott is a conveniently located hotel near Target Field (new home of the Minnesota Twins), Mall of America Field, the Convention Center, Target Center, the University of Minnesota and the Hennepin Theater District. This downtown hotel features apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave. Downtown Minneapolis' solution to extended stay lodging, the TownePlace Suites offers special rates based on your length of stay keeping your budget in mind. Perfect for the business traveler, Twins fans, theater buffs or shoppers, the TownePlace Suites is within walking distance of the Light Rail/ NorthStar Rail and the Mississippi River. You can relax in our spacious guest rooms featuring Marriott's new bedding with triple sheeting and plush pillows, work out in our 24-hour exercise rooms or play a game of pool in our unique billiards room. Let our outstanding staff become your personal concierge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown/North Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Towneplace Suites