“Wonderful Stay”

Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Depot in Minneapolis. The staff were all wonderful! Upon check in we were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite which we greatly appreciated. The room was fantastic and was very clean. We didn't dine in the restaurant but we did stop and ave a few cocktails in the lobby bar before heading out in downtown for dinner. The service again was exceptional. We had a wonderful evening at the Renaissance and I look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
brittany e, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Ajacks 1028,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. It is a great pleasure for me to hear that our staff was wonderful and that we were able to provide a complimentary upgrade during your stay. We love being able to surprise and delight our guests whenever possible. I'm also happy to hear that the service in the lobby bar was just as satisfactory. We strive to make our guests feel welcome in every area of the hotel and I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the Stone Arch Bar staff. We hope you have a chance to visit us again soon and look forward to offering you the same level of service you experienced during your recent visit. Thank you again for your review!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I, and one of my daughter's family stayed here for a 2 night visit to attend a wedding. The rooms are very nice and clean. We purchased the valet service for $26 which was nice to have them help load and unload our car. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, but costs $16. Not too high for downtown Mpls. though. Our grandkids loved the pool area with all of its slides, and the skating rink is beautiful. They could have better coffee in the room, but good coffee is available in the breakfast area to take to your room. It is only 3 blocks to the train to the Mall of America. That was attractive to our shoppers, but a snowstorm prevented us from going. Had a great evening meal in the restaurant too. Both breakfast and dinner service were excellent. I guess our only real complaint was some people yelling in the hallway about 4AM, but you can't blame the hotel for people like that!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dave425,

Thank you for your 5 star review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the waterpark as well as the ice rink during your visit. We love that our property provides some distinctive 'extras' for our guests to enjoy in the downtown area. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you had with noise while visiting and I will be sure to pass that information on to our overnight staff so we are more aware of it in the future. I'm happy to hear that you also enjoyed the convenience of our Valet service and that they were helpful in getting you to and from the room. We hope to see you again soon and maybe next time you'll be able to utilize the light rail! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Got a great price (nearly half off) for a Thursday night stay while attending a conference at Minneapolis Convention Center. Rooms are new and very plush. Comfortable beds. My friends car was broken into at a different ramp, the only thing I lost was my car keys. When I arrived back to the hotel late Thursday night after "networking" I informed the front desk what had happened. The staff felt terrible and gave info on who to contact in the morning. They also offered a complimentary drink! I was very impressed with the staff.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
brittany e, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

oldgoalie,

Thank you for the 5 star review and for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences with us. I'm sorry to hear about you and your friend's mishap while visiting Minneapolis! I am happy to hear that we were able to provide information on who to contact the next morning and I hope the complimentary drink helped you unwind after what sounds like a long day. We hope to see you again soon, and with no mishaps next time!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had to stay in the hotel as a last minute arrangement. I was thrilled with the help and enthusiasm of the staff, and I found the room to be very, very comfortable. This was a terrific experience, and I highly recommend this hotel - it was joy to stay there last night! Jay F

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Liz K, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Jfprod,

Thank you for the 5-star review and taking the time to share your experience. I’m happy to hear the staff was enthusiastic and helpful during your stay. We hope you will return on your next visit to the Minneapolis area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We decided to go to this hotel last minute on New Year’s Eve. We liked the idea of it being connected to the Ice Skating Rink. We also looked at the menu of the hotel restaurant and thought it looked decent enough. We arrived at the hotel, the staff was very friendly however not much of a lobby. It was freezing out and there was no relief as you waited for your room from the cold. We upgraded to the suite, very roomy, older furniture but bed was comfortable and clean. We stayed in the historic suite and could everything from above us. The hotel restaurant had no doors to it and looked more like a buffet type restaurant than the sit down restaurant that we were hoping for. We cancelled our reservations and decided to take a taxi to Oceanaire. I would say that this hotel is very average. People were very friendly and the rink was amazing. Next year we are thinking of getting another hotel room at a nicer hotel and then cabbing it over to the rink. There is a water park and we didn't have time to check this out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Stephanie P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m happy to hear your encountered friendly people and you thought the ice rink was amazing. I’m disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations in the restaurant or during the arrival process with the cold draft coming through the lobby. We look forward to seeing you back at the ice rink next year.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just after the first of the year we ventured downtown for an evening of Omakase at the restaurant Sea Change and a getaway at the Depot. Dinner took a full three hours so it was nice to be able to walk down the street to the Depot Renaissance and relax.

Very nice room, quiet and comfortable. The lobby is also a good way to revisit some of the earlier days of the Milwaukee Road and railroading in general.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face outside.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

John F,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed a relaxing evening at the Depot Renaissance after your dinner at Sea Change and that you were also able to experience the hotel’s historic charm. Be sure to visit us again next time you stay downtown.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had to choose a hotel to stay while helping our son move into the warehouse district. Great nightly rate. Loved the room. Service was outstanding. Only complaint was the number of towels allowed? per room. We use 4 per day. Had to call for towels twice. They only give you two large towels per room. Used the restaurant. Would have used the ice rink. Stayed far away from the water park. Took a walk and its water park seems nice but small. Great location. Ample, close parking in back. Front desk, bellman, Doorman, all extremely friendly and helpful. Could have stayed just to look at all the wonderful memorabilia on the walls.

Room Tip: Stay away from water park end. Noise. Ours faced the Federal courthouse and was great except they...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Befuddled,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that you “loved it!” Now that your son is so close we hope we can become your home away from home when visiting!

Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown

Been to Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot? Share your experiences!