1,185 results
All reviews lifetime fitness athletic club wine hour wine reception running track complimentary wine soaking tub luxury suite yoga mat separate shower room service great gym lobby bar huge bathroom valet parking locker room hotel gym
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

THis is our second stay here and it remains a lovely property. Rooms are spotless and decorated nice. Bathroom is huge with t.v. in tub. Wine hour is always great and turndown service very nice. Join rewards program for lot's of great perks, better than any other hotels. Easy to walk everywhere. We parked a couple blocks away for $10. It was not inconvenient.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

Michelle A,

Thanks for being a 'Grand' loyalist! Thrilled you enjoy our wine hour and all the Karma perks. Hope you spend sometime in The SIX15 room or relaxing in the LifeSpa. We look forward to welcoming you back for your third adventure soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

It was Storyteller's Day when I checked in so why not tell you about my experience, in a story.

It was a 3 hour flight on Delta from Sacramento, California. My fiance and I watched Neighbors 2 (recommended) and were excited to land. We got to the airport, got our bags, and found our first Minneapolis Uber. PS. If flying in, follow directions for off-service taxi...it's in the basement of the airport and hard to find.

Our uber dropped us off at the front of The Grand. It felt like a 10-15 minute drive from the airport, so it went by quickly. It was dark but we see the beautiful buildings all in their city lights. We walk up the stairs and there we meet our Chapter One - the protagonist - Brandon. Brandon had a great sense of humor and welcomed us with such generosity and kindness. We talked for a bit and I asked about Storyteller's Day because there was a flyer type thing on the table. He then asked me to tell a story in celebration of the day and boy did i blow it. We all had a good laugh, talked a bit more, and then went up to our room.

The rooms at The Grand are extremely clean and the beds are beyond believe. The most unknown factor of a vacation is whether one will be able to have a good nights sleep - look no further than to those cozy establishment.

Now, our room was very nice but it was a standard queen. My fiance was there for a conference and I was bumming it. The room was a little closed off due to having a view of the interior, and so I wanted a bit more space, considering I would be mostly inside for the upcoming week. My fiance called downstairs to our protagonist and asked if there were any rooms available with a view. i love looking out the window and taking in the city so if its it at all possible, we'd love to ask. Brandon said he would look into it and get back to us.

We waited by the phone and all of a sudden got a knock on the door. That's where we meet our next character of this story - our leading lady - Wendy, the Opera Singer. Wendy was so gracious and so kind, and greeted us with the most beautiful smile. She told us to grab our things and that she was there to lead us to our new room. We were literally being escorted! And BAM! To the 14th floor we went to a beautiful King Premier room, equipped with the view to 2nd avenue, a king bed, and a BATH TUB WITH A TV! SAY WHAAAAT! Wendy was so sweet and told us if we need anything else to let her know.

We were beyond excited - first time in Minneapolis and in this beautiful hotel - so I call downstairs and thank Brandon. I also apologize again for being a bad story teller. He tells us to enjoy our night and that it was no problem at all.

My fiance and I start to unpack and are pretty stoked for the room. We decided to start getting ready for dinner, thanks to getting some recommendations from Brandon upon check in (i.e. 112 Eatery is amazeballs, amazing foie gras meatballs, that is).

While my fiance is in the shower, I hear a knock on the door... weird, I thought. I go open the door - and there it was. Room service equipped with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Along with a card from Brandon that was entitled "Chapter One" and hoping that we liked the room and that we would enjoy our stay.

HOLY MOLY. My fiance and I were beyond touched. Brandon truly exceeded any expectations we could have had. It was just so sweet and completely unexpected! I still can't get over it.

Over the next few days, Brandon and Wendy would go out of their way to make our stay like home. I went to Target the following day in order to buy some things we had forgotten at home. I called the hotel and got Wendy to make sure that they didn't have what I needed. Wendy made sure my room got slippers and bath salts for the bath and anything else I needed. She didn't want me wasting my time and money at Target if they could do anything to help. It was unbelievably sweet. She stated that their goal is to make this stay feel like home and it literally has been. It is hard to get homesick when you are in such a lovely hotel with the kindest, most gracious people working there.

Our original stay was for four nights. We had a reservation already booked at the Intercontinental in St. Paul for our final night in the Twin Cities. However, due to the absolute kindness and graciousness of Brandon and Wendy, we cancelled our reservation and decided to book our final night here. Strictly thanks to these two, we didn't want to risk staying anywhere else!

We are still staying at the hotel as we speak but i literally could not wait to review this hotel... just in case, YOU Mr. or M(r)s. Reader is considering coming to the Twin Cities.

It is clean, it is comfortable, the gym is pretty awesome - I've taken a core, HIIT, and yoga class - and there is even a yoga mat in the room! The shower and bath tub are great, the soaps and shampoos smell amazing, and the location could not be beat! We have walked to every destination or taken a short $6-$9 uber ride. AND there is a complimentary wine hour between 5pm-6pm which is pretty snazzy!

(I noticed one of the reviews spoke about paying for internet service BUT if you sign up (for free) to Karma Rewards, WIFI is free, so we haven't had an issue connecting at all - with our laptops and our phones.)

Definitely recommend this place. I can't even imagine staying anywhere else. But most of all, thank you thank you thank you to Brandon and Wendy who have made our stay so special and have truly taken care of us for no other reason than to make our day. <3 It's been a stay to remember and a story that we will never forget.

Room Tip: The Rooms with the View are where it's at.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Margarita V,

We can't wait to welcome you back and hear all about 'Chapter 2'! Maybe you will experience some mystery throughout the property (we are 100 years old) to share for all. This review was the highlight of my day and I am glad Brandon & Wendy were the highlight of your experience at The Grand. They are absolute assets to this property so I am thrilled you were able to connect with them.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

We were looking for a girls relaxation weekend away with massages ect. The pool in the photos looks beautiful but it is in the basement connected to the large health club. Nice locker rooms but no hot tub and Spa not on same floor. Next time will try the Ivy.

Bed and room comfortable, service good, location fine. Parking expensive and tricky to get to front door with bus-only road.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2016

Hello woodinvilletravels,

Thanks for providing this feedback of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the issues trying to get to our front doors and can completely understand the trickiness behind all the one ways. It sounds like you got to try out a few of the amenities that Lifetime Fitness has to offer our guests and am pleased to hear of your satisfication of our beds and our customer service. I would love to connect with you personally. Please send me a note at Mike.Hill@KimptonHotels.com when you have a moment. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and can't wait to see you in the near future!

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Accompanied my wife on a business trip and we stayed here. It is centrally located with comfortable rooms, most not with any kind of view. Nice bar with tasty snacks as well. Great workout area is a plus. Staff were very nice and helpful. It is close to just about whatever you need, including some great restaurants, a Target, a Walgreen Drug Store and I even found some good spots for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Hi Timothy C,

Thrilled you were able to adventure to Mpls and the team took such great care of you. Sounds like you enjoyed your time in The SIX15 Room, our athletic facility and discovering Minneapolis restaurants. Next time be sure to unwind in the LifeSpa or take one of our bikes for a cruise. Looking forward to saying hello during our daily wine hour on your next visit.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Pros - great location, super friendly staff, extra-clean rooms, very comfortable bedding.

Cons - my room (and any room facing interior) was extremely dark, hotel mistakenly put $130 bar charge to my room bill (staff instantly credited my account - but how can that happen? - and I hope I've heard the last of it); there was no place to sit in my room, except on the bed or the 1 relatively uncomfortable office chair; no free wifi (ridiculous in a $200+ per night hotel); multiple guests (including myself) had problems getting the hotel room/security card swiper to work in the elevator - so it wouldn't leave the lobby to go the appropriate floor (in theory, nice feature but it was a small hassle)

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Hello Jeff N,

Thanks for sharing your experience at The Grand. I am sorry to hear that it was less than perfect. I would love to connect to personally discuss. Please send me a note at Mike.Hill@KimptonHotels.com when you have a moment. Thank you again for adventuring to The Grand and we look forward to welcoming you back.