“Wonderful weekend!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Wonderful weekend!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great downtown location. The staff are wonderful, from the valets, bellhops, check-in to the maintenance staff. We traveled with a elderly friend who needed handicap accessibility and found the accommodations excellent and the staff cheerfully helpful. Rooms were very nice size, well-decorated and very clean. We were very impressed and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan B
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Dan B,

Thank you for the wonderful review about your wonderful weekend with us! I love that you had a fantastic experience with all staff members. They are truly our greatest asset! They always jump at the opportunity to connect with our guests and it's so heartwarming. We are lucky to have the most amazing people representing The Grand. I trust that you'll be back next time you're in Minnie. We can't wait to have you as our guest again!

Hayden Lingerfelt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed April 29, 2014

There's a very nice and helpful staff here and the rooms are a nice size, clean, updated and tasteful. The location is very central and within walking distance of most things you'd want to do in Minneapolis. It has a nice bar in the lobby. I haven't eaten at the restaurants in the hotel except for a buffet breakfast which was okay but not memorable. If you sign up as a loyalty customer, which is free, you get complimentary internet service at Kimpton hotels and a $10 credit for use in the hotel. You might get a room upgrade too if it's available.

Green Features: Guests may choose not to have towels changed every day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear W L,

Thank you for this stellar write-up! It seems that The Grand suits you well! I hope that you'll be our guest whenever you're in Minneapolis. I'm glad that you had a chance to visit our bar, The SIX15 Room. Be sure to try some of the delicious food from our chef, Kris Koch next time you visit. He does all food for the SIX15 Room and in-room dining. He is so creative and talented, so I assure you no disappointment. Thank you for mentioning the Kimpton loyalty program. It is free to sign up and there are so many perks! Thanks again for this fantastic review. See you next time!

San Antonio
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel is down town and centrally located. Room was large and clean. Very large bathroom. Plenty of towels. No comfortable chair in the room other than a desk chair. No turndown service or evening chocolate. Parking very expensive. Staff exceedly friendly, helpful and nice (all). They didn't clean room until 4PM one of the days we stayed (4 nights). Breakfast in the restraurants should be MISSED - many much better places within a two block walk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PsychSanAntonio
Dear PsychSanAntonio,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I'm pleased that you appreciated the size of the guest room and bathroom. We are so lucky to have spacious accommodations, which are hard to come by in most downtown hotels. We do actually offer turndown service with chocolates upon request. You can let the front desk know at check-in next time you're with us. I agree that the parking is pricey, but I assure you the cost is in line with all other downtown hotels. I will pass your comments about breakfast on to the management of the restaurant. It is owned and managed by Lifetime. I really appreciate your kind words about the staff! They are truly the best and I will share your comments with them. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again!

Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed April 13, 2014

1. Signed up as a loyalty customer on their website. (It's FREE, and they send you great deals!)
2. Got a great deal on my room & made "special requests" because I'm a loyalty customer.
3. Upon arrival was greeted like a preferred guest, and upgraded to a suite without asking.
4. Received $10 credit toward mini bar.
5. Enjoyed a fabulously designed and comfortable room, and found my "special requests" of a pet goldfish and yoga mats there when I arrived.

VERY courteous and helpful staff, eager to serve. I didn't even take advantage of everything offered as a loyalty customer, and was blown away by my stay.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank A4685
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear A4685,

I'm thrilled that you had such a unique and pleasant experience at The Grand! Thank you for detailing the perks of our Kimpton In Touch loyalty program. It's completely complimentary to sign-up and so worth it. We will be rolling out and enhanced loyalty program later this year. I can't disclose the details yet, but it's super exciting. Thanks for taking advantage of the guppy love program. It's always nice to be greeted by a goldfish when you enter the room! I really appreciate this stellar review. Come see us again sometime!

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We chose this hotel primarily because of it's pet friendly policy and found a GREAT place to stay. The rooms were very nice, spacious and had everything we needed including a dog bed and dog bowls. Very centrally located, easy access to the city.
We arrived very late and the kitchen had closed, however the bar was still opened. As we talked with the bartenders about food, they recommended a local pizza delivery place, provided a menu, called for us and had a pizza delivered to us at the bar within 30 minutes....and it was very good. All of the staff was great in a similar manner, making us feel very welcomed.
We highly recommend The Grand Hotel Minneapolis to anyone traveling to Minneapolis and certainly will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Petesher82
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Petesher82,

I'm so happy that you felt so welcome at The Grand! That is always our goal, so I'm glad we didn't disappoint. Thank you for the kind comments about our bartenders and other staff. They are truly our greatest asset! I'm sorry we weren't serving our full menu by the time you arrived, but glad that the bartenders didn't let you go to bed hungry! Just so you are aware for the next time you visit, we do offer a limited overnight room service menu. Thank you for recommending us and we can't wait for your return!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and myself needed a hotel to stay at in Minneapolis so when I looked for a hotel where we could bring our dog I found the Grand Hotel along with many others in the area. I loved that they did not charge extra for the dog and that the hotel had many great reviews and looked so nice. Well the pictures did not dissapoint us. The hotel is beautiful along with the rooms. They also provided bowls and a dog bed for our dog. The hotel is also connected to the skyway system which is also a plus if the weather is bad. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and will deffinately be back soon.

Room Tip: Try a corner suite. It was very large.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We love to not only pamper our human guests, but our furry ones too! We don't charge a pet fee, nor do we have size restrictions. We understand that it can sometimes be challenging to stay away from home with a pet, so we like to make it as convenient as possible for you. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the hotel decor. We're pretty proud of it! Thank you for the lovely comments!

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stylish, immaculate rooms, great gym. Most singular: the kindness of G.M. Hayden Lingerfelt & staff; we are greeted with sincere pleasure & even our oddest requests are received with cheerful determination to deliver what we need. We feel valued for our patronage & will forever be loyal Kimpton guests. As will our puppy Lucy, who was welcomed with her name on the visiting-dogs chalkboard!

Room Tip: We have relied on the staff selecting the right rooms for us and have not been disappointed.
Green Features: Our rooms have contained cards which offer a $5 voucher for use in hotel restaurants, if we forgo daily housekeeping services. We also notice the usual hangtags in the bathroom which remind us to hang towels we intend to re-use, so that housekeeping does not unnecessarily replace them daily.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MamaJill4242
MamaJill4242,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I'm hoping our emailed survey will be generated to you next time you stay. It just warms my heart that you and the family (Lucy included, of course!) feel so at home at The Grand! You have such a lovely family! I always enjoy our correspondence and can't wait to meet you in person next time you're here! I hope all is well!

Hayden