Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
LeMeridien.com
$143
  • Pool
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$116
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
1,148 results
All reviewslifetime fitnessathletic clubwine hourwine receptionrunning trackcomplimentary winesoaking tubyoga matluxury suiteroom serviceseparate showerlocker roomlobby barhotel gymhuge bathroomvalet parkingfront desk staff
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and myself needed a hotel to stay at in Minneapolis so when I looked for a hotel where we could bring our dog I found the Grand Hotel along with many others in the area. I loved that they did not charge extra for the dog and that the hotel had many great reviews and looked so nice. Well the pictures did not dissapoint us. The hotel is beautiful along with the rooms. They also provided bowls and a dog bed for our dog. The hotel is also connected to the skyway system which is also a plus if the weather is bad. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and will deffinately be back soon.

Room Tip: Try a corner suite. It was very large.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We love to not only pamper our human guests, but our furry ones too! We don't charge a pet fee, nor do we have size restrictions. We understand that it can sometimes be challenging to stay away from home with a pet, so we like to make it as convenient as possible for you. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the hotel decor. We're pretty proud of it! Thank you for the lovely comments!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stylish, immaculate rooms, great gym. Most singular: the kindness of G.M. Hayden Lingerfelt & staff; we are greeted with sincere pleasure & even our oddest requests are received with cheerful determination to deliver what we need. We feel valued for our patronage & will forever be loyal Kimpton guests. As will our puppy Lucy, who was welcomed with her name on the visiting-dogs chalkboard!

Room Tip: We have relied on the staff selecting the right rooms for us and have not been disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MamaJill4242

MamaJill4242,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I'm hoping our emailed survey will be generated to you next time you stay. It just warms my heart that you and the family (Lucy included, of course!) feel so at home at The Grand! You have such a lovely family! I always enjoy our correspondence and can't wait to meet you in person next time you're here! I hope all is well!

Hayden

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Bikes to use, good gym, king room great size. Up-to-date bathroom with shower and tub. Great robes. Easy location from light rail. Pet friendly. Free coffee in am. Menu in room does not match menu downstairs in bar. Wine hour each night. Great deal!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pdxworldtravelers
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear pdxworldtravelers,

Thank you for this complimentary review!! I appreciate your mention of the bikes we lend out. We just put them back out in the lobby because it is finally warm enough to bike. Well, warm enough if you disregard the snow storm we had an hour ago! The in-room dining menu does differ from the menu in our bar, The SIX15 Room. We like to provide our guests with lots of variety. I hope you indulged in our bartenders craft cocktails when you visited the bar. They whip up some delicious drinks! We are actually going to start hosting craft cocktail classes for our guests. Thanks so much for writing about us and we hope to see you again next time you're in Minnie!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

No side table on one side of bed but instead a minibar and the fridge turned off and on all night next to my head. Loved the gym and pool. Took yoga class and swam for free. Nice place and would stay again but book larger rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Travelblissed
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Travelblissed,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We do have about five rooms in the Queen Deluxe category that are smaller than most and are our lowest priced room type. I suggest booking a Premier King room next time you visit. All of our Premier rooms and suites are incredibly spacious and the bathrooms are unusually large. We actually currently have a weekend suite promotion running for 24% off of Premier rooms, Luxury suites and Grand suites. Please feel free to contact me next time you book so that I can select the perfect room to suit your needs! Thank you!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at The Grand for a work banquet for the second year in a row. Everyone was very happy with their rooms and service from the staff was excellent. Become a Kimpton member so you can "raid the bar"!

Room Tip: Corner room was very quiet and provided a great view of downtown
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Andy T

Dear Andy T,

Thanks for being our guest again! I appreciate your company choosing to host your event with us a second time. We love to be the host every year! Great tip about joining our loyalty program - t's free to sign up, you get to raid the bar (or mini-bar in the room), free wifi, choice of room preferences, etc. It's well worth it! We can't wait to see you next year! Feel free to reach out to me in the meantime if you need a staycation downtown.