Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
$116
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$93
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$143
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$159
$151
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$249
$161
$152
Travelocity
1,151 results
All reviewslifetime fitnessathletic clubwine hourwine receptionrunning trackcomplimentary winesoaking tubluxury suiteyoga matseparate showerroom servicehuge bathroomlobby barhotel gymlocker roomvalet parkingfront desk staff
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was extremely convienent to my business meetings but also close to shopping and restaurants. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff were beyond welcoming. I had a little trouble finding the valet parking and ended up parking in the garage across the street however that didnt affect my stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Msjerrae
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Msjerrae: Thank you for the five star rating! I'm glad you found us conveniently located for your needs. If you return in the winter, the hotel is attached to the skyway, so you can get everywhere you need to go without stepping outside. It's ideal when it's super frigid out! Thanks for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms. We have the most amazing and dedicated housekeeping team. They take so much pride in the hotel, and due to that, we have some of the highest cleanliness scores in the company. In regards to valet parking, we are actually getting a zone directly in front of the hotel. It will be ready in about a week! Guests will still need to pull up to drop off their vehicles on the corner of 7th Street and 2nd Avenue, but when they call to retrieve the vehicle, we will pull it right up front. This will be so nice on those cold days. Thanks again and hopefully we will see you next time you're traveling on business in Minnie!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed at this Kimpton in late July 2013 after a fantastic experience at Hotel Monaco (also a Kimpton) in Portland earlier that month. We were in Minnesota to visit family and extended our stay for two nights to explore Minneapolis.

I chuckled as I read the first couple pages of reviews of the Grand Hotel because every one mentions the valet location. It is awkward, no doubt. Eight directions of one-ways and a corner stop that is no where near the front entrance. It kind of made sense after I realized the street side in front of the hotel was a huge metro-transit stop. Either way,the valet guys were super nice. I asked them for a bellman and he was there with a cart in two seconds.

The lobby is typical Kimpton style - which I admire. We booked a luxury suite which I thought was huge for the price as well as huge for a downtown metropolitan area. The location was great. We had dinner with several friends at Sea Change (outstanding!) which was maybe a $5 cab ride from the hotel. We cabbed back toward the hotel but got out for a pit stop which turned into a couple of great pit stops on the walk back. On our second night we walked to Target Field to catch a Twins game. It was a 10 minute (max) walk to the main gate of the ball field. That stadium is amazing. Those points being said, I felt that the location of The Grand Hotel along with price and luxury was pretty awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LtCheeseWhiz
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear LtCheeseWhiz: I'm so pleased that you decided to check out The Grand after visiting The Portland Monaco. Hopefully you are a lifelong Kimpton fan now! I am so happy to share that we will soon have a valet drop off zone directly in front of the hotel! The work started August 1st and will be ready before we know it. We are so excited. I'm glad you got the "Kimpton feel" when entering the lobby. When Kimpton took over management of The Grand, our owners were so generous to renovate the entire property. They hired a design team that's decorated several Kimpton hotels, so they really have a way of incorporating the quirky Kimpton flair! Thank you for the excellent review and I hope you'll be back.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I come down often from Duluth and stay downtown for the sports, arts and shopping. We both agreed that this hotel is now our favorite and will only stay here from now on. I could go on and on about the great amenities and such but what really impressed us were the personal touches by the staff at the Grand. When checking in with our two children we mentioned we were down for a long weekend and it was our daughters 6th birthday. When we arrived later the room our daughter and son were very excited over a plate of fresh cookies and milk left inside our room. Along with the cookies was a personally signed birthday card from the staff. This made my kids feel special and was a very kind and thoughtful gesture. Thank You!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear David N: I'm thrilled that you tried us out and now we're your favorite downtown hotel! It's so neat that your children felt pampered too. All of our employees are encouraged to make personal and genuine connections with our guests and they jump at every opportunity to do so. I just love hearing stories about the fun things they come up with! We have a wonderful team that truly loves creating memorable experiences. Thank you for sharing your experience. We can't wait to see you again next time your down from Duluth!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our hotel stay at the Grand. We had a corner room with very large windows. The room décor was great from the unique chair to the beautiful bed. And, I LOVED the animal striped bath robe - how fun!! The room was clean - which is most important. And the service was impeccable. As the bellman was leaving our room after delivering our luggage, my husband commented to that he was going to find an ice machine. He didn't ask the bellman to do it, he was on his way out the door. A few minutes later before my husband left, there was a knock at the door- it was the bellman with an ice bucket full of ice! Great service at the front desk too. Seriously, this hotel should be rated #1 in Minneapolis!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Myra V

Dear MyraVergani: Your comments put a huge smile on my face! I can't thank you enough! I'm thrilled that you loved the decor of our rooms. The designers put so much thought into everything when we renovated. They brought fun and chic together with classic style. The one item we didn't change in the rooms with the renovation is the beautiful head and foot boards. It would have been a crime to get rid of them. They are just too lovely! Thank you for the comments about impeccable service. I'm so glad that our bellman anticipated your needs. We are so fortunate to have such amazing people representing The Grand. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Hopefully we can meet next time you visit us!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is one of the best i've ever been, the rooms are nicely decorated, bathroom is enormous with a seperate shower and bath. There was even a tv above the bath. Bed was very good, other type pillows were delivered to my room within 10 minutes after asking for it.

The use of the swimming pool in the basement (athletics club) is complimentary.

Room service menu is also fine, reasonable prices and delivery fast delivery. Would really recommend this hotel when you are in the twin cities area.

I had a room that only had a window that was facing the atrium, not much daylight came in which made the room a bit dark.

Location is superb, downtown, near all the restaurants and offices and 2 block from the train which brings you to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a window that is facing the street, it will give you daylight when compared to facing the atrium
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nicadago
Hayden L, General Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear nicadago: I was elated to read your fantastic comments! Thank you kindly! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the room decor and our spacious, luxurious bathrooms. We completed an extensive renovation to the entire hotel a few years back and couldn't be happier with the outcome. It's great that you had a chance to take advantage of the Lifetime Fitness and enjoy some delicious food in the comfort of your room. I hope you had a chance to visit our bar, The Six15 Room and try some of our bartenders creative concoctions. If not, maybe next time. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We can't wait for you to return!