Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
$250
$179
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$116
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
1,148 results
All reviewslifetime fitnessathletic clubwine hourwine receptionrunning trackcomplimentary winesoaking tubyoga matluxury suiteroom serviceseparate showerlocker roomlobby barhotel gymhuge bathroomvalet parkingfront desk staff
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location in downtown Minneapolis. About 2 blocks from the light rail which is the best way to get to the MOA. The ride is about 35 minutes but fun and lots to see along the way.
The hotel has a neat bar that doesnt open until 3 but does have a few drink and food specials until about 6:15. There is a free wine hour from 5-6pm next to the front desk.
Great restaurants all within walking distance and the front desk people are happy to point you to whatever you are looking for. Recommend Ikes, Keyes and McCormick and Schmicks (have the desk call in reservation to M&S for you. They treated us like VIP's)
Take a limo to the airport. The doorman will get it for you and it is the same price as a taxi BUT a lot better.
Also, I would recommend an "interior atrium" room. All you can see are buildings next door anyway from even the top floors and there is lots of street noise. We had a Premier King which was pretty small but ok. The bed was too soft for my tastes.
Great hotel though...

Room Tip: Choose an "interior atrium" room. Much quieter.
1  Thank OcalaGator
Brian J, Manager at Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience as our guest. We love hearing that you were treated as a VIP because that is exactly how we want each and everyone of our guests to feel. Thank you for your positive review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the nicest, most dog friendly hotel I've ever been too. Upon your arrival you might meet one of the two "house" dogs. There is an adorable puppy who "lives" there and loves to greet visitors and there was another sleepy fellow behind the desk.
This hotel offers dog sitting, and has treats, bowls, beds, and more to welcome you and your beloved furry family member.
The hotel is connected to Lifetime Fitness Minneapolis, which was once the Minneapolis Club, a beautiful place to swim, work out, sit in the steam room, sauna, etc...my husband and I make sure we take advantage of the "membership" perks of this fantastic athletic club while we are guests (you can use all of the exercise facilities for no extra charge).
Of course my favorite perk of staying at the Grand, besides the beautiful rooms, large bathrooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, and dog friendly policy is the WINE HOUR! You get a nice big glass of wine in the lobby to sip and savor while you kick back and relax in their beautiful fireside lobby.
Basically, this place rocks and they are always promoting the place with major discounts and special offers.
I love the Grand Hotel and so does my dog, I mean husband, and my bzitches!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad to hear that you and your bosses love the Grand! We take pride in offering those special extras (such as our complimentary wine hour each night and pet sitting services) that make the Grand Hotel a unique, memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Minneapolis Grand Hotel did a fabuous job of making us feel welcome and valued. They had hand written cards to my husband as we were celebrating his birthday. They also sent up a complimentary cookies (home made) and milk (on ice). It was delicious and so thoughtful of the staff. I was blown away by the professionalism and kindness. The amazing staff is really what makes this hotel special, but the room was very clean and comfortable. Everything went smoothly and exceeded our expectations. If you enjoy being pampered and treated with respect, chose the Minneapolis Grand Hotel.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you enjoy being pampered and treated with respect, chose the Minneapolis Grand Hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We spend a lot of time and resources making sure our staff is empowered and has the tools necessary to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I love examples (like your review) that prove it works! Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just had a wonderful experience at the Grand Hotel. From the valet, to the front desk, everyone was extremely helpful and attentive. Was on the top floor of the hotel and room was beautiful, very large, clean and quiet. Free access to the Lifetime Fitness Club is a huge plus ... it is top notch and has a great lap pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind words about our facility and our staff! We think we have a truly amazing team of people who are committed to providing you with a relaxing yet memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing our hard work!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the Grand over the Thanksgiving holidays. We were in a King Premier room and very happy with it. I joined the InTouch Kimpton membership when I reserved the room. I highly recommend it. I entered our personal preferences & was pleasantly surprised that our room was in our preferred location with our choice of pillows, etc. Our room was a good size with large velvet draped windows & a smart layout. The bathroom was nice with a separate tiled shower, a large soaking tub, & television for watching while relaxing in the bath. I wish they provided some bath salts or such for use in the lovely tub. The bed was a touch too soft for my husband's back but the bedding was Frette linens, very nice.

This is a dog friendly hotel which appeals to the animal lover in me. I enjoyed meeting the various dogs being dog watched at the front desk. The hotel is clean & you would never know animals stayed here. I also enjoyed the complimentary fruited water in the lobby. It was always full at all hours which is a plus. The hotel is connected to the skyway system which is great when the skyway is open (it is closed at odd times). The only negative of our stay is that it is a few blocks farther away from some of our favorite spots which is bothersome when it is ten degrees out & the skyway is closed.

Room Tip: The corner room was large with many windows and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family