“Wow, even better than expected!! I'll be back!”

Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wow, even better than expected!! I'll be back!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

What a treat to stay here! I was only in town for one night, but I'm so glad I picked the Grand for my stay. The staff were all extremely friendly. I love their pet policy, even though I didn't have my Goldens with me, it's good to know for next time. They are really trying to build a name, and from what I've seen so far, it won't be long before this hotel is at the top of the list in every city. The front dest staff was a delight! A special thanks to Ashley at the night time front desk! The valet was perfect - willing to serve and attentive. The bartender was probably the most talented mixologist I've ever met and he takes great pride in his work. The staff was more than willing to show me around and tell me about the original furnishings. The building was once an athletic club (built around 1921), and they've kept much of the integrity of the beautiful building in tact. To top it off, after my stay, Amber, the GM, took the time to write me a personal note that included a picture of their new Golden! Free wi-fi and the most comfortable bed EVER! I'd highly recommend this hotel. I plan to stay at Kimpton hotels whenever I get the chance. Way to go!! In just one night, you've turned me into a loyal customer...and I travel A LOT. You have your team to thank for this. Also, in case you're deathly allergic to cats (like me), not to worry - they have pet free floors! Don't forget to sign up for the In-Touch program. Thanks for helping me with that, again, Ashley!! It pays off. And yes, I just had to buy the comfy socks they offer in their rooms... I'll be back in a month!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Jlion2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We used the Grand Hotel as the main wedding hotel accommodation for our out of town guests. They were very professional and all the guest had nothing to say but wonderful things from the hospitality, rooms, food and wedding room rate. Top notch and I will recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
south of england
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The reception staff very helpful. The lobby attractive. The room clean and reasonably sized. Not close to airport. Within reasonable walking distance to restaurants. The main discomfort was the amount of instructional leaflets and signs in room plus tray set out with minibar contents on top of desk unit. If you were staying for more than one night it would be difficult to set out your items. This made the room and bathroom look very untidy and certainly not welcoming. For a hotel of this calibre it is not acceptable to bombard guests with this amount of literature/products.

1 Thank welltravelled53
Millwood, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Staff was professional. Rooms were clean. Bartender Sean was friendly. My wife and I were up there to see some baseball. This hotle was recommended and I am not sorry. The rooms were priced competetively and reminded me a little of a "W" property.

1 Thank Joe M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was our second stay that the Grand since it became a Kimpton Hotel. The staff is outstanding and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms have gotten some Kimpton updates and are fabulous.

1 Thank BentleyS31
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was upgraded to a corner suite for a big birthday I had told the hotel I was having. Upon returning from the spa, I found a silver tray of chocolate covered cherries waiting for me with birthday greetings from the manager. It provided the quite getaway I was hoping for.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Iowa
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in July, and it was a wonderful time! We checked in around 6 pm, and were told that we'd been upgraded to a suite, instead of the king room I'd booked on the hotel website (they have fairly normal rates for a hotel of this type, and some good specials). I don't know if we got bumped up because we were checking in a little later and the regular rooms were taken, or if it was because I am a Kimpton In-Touch member, or just plain luck, but I'm not complaining a bit! The room (on the 9th floor) was large; one room had a couch, flat screen tv, desk and chair, and the other room had a king sized bed and a sitting chair, another tv, and the bathroom was off of that room. The bed was comfy and the room had nice lighting. The bathroom was very large, with marble sink and ceramic tile floor, and a very nice tub and shower. There was a mini-bar area between the two rooms, with really nice snacks and drinks, which we didn't use simply because of the cost.
The rooms were very clean.
We had drinks at the bar both nights, and the cocktails were very well made. In the lobby area, there is complimentary coffee in the a.m., and wine in the evenings.
The staff were great--professional, nice, and knowledgeable.
The only difficult part--if you can even call it that--was locating the valet stand. It's on the corner around from the hotel entry, before you get to the hotel. It was a little tricky the first time!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple