“Not your high school cafeteria.”

Uptown Cafeteria and Support Group
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown
Cross street: Lake Street
Transit: Metro Transit routes: 6, 17, 21, & 23
Description: Cafeteria … no gimmick. No theme. No concept. Just the food you love to eat. The only requirement for a place on our menu is how delicious it is. As in “I haven’t eaten all day” delicious … stoner delicious … last meal delicious. A bar and restaurant located in the heart of Minneapolis Uptown neighborhood. Meet friends for cocktails on the roof top Sky Bar patio, gather up your support group for cocktails or join us for weekend brunch. Cafeteria is great for every mood. Reservations can be made for the main level dining room only. Sorry but we do not accept reservations for the Sky Bar
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Kids eat free on Sunday. Lots of beautiful youth on the roof top deck. Beef stroganoff was good but not right for a summer evening. Cheese fondue was just OK with excessively salty breadstick. Waitress was new and struggling. Next time, I'll sit on the roof or come back in the winter.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is fun. Try the chicken and waffles! Good drinks and prices are fair at happy hour. I don't have anything bad to say about this place. The menu is full of great interesting food. I have yet to have anything bad here.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place is FUN FUN FUN ! If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, luxurious place, go elsewhere. But if you want a great, low-key place for some serious comfort food (which will likely require you to spend many hours at the gym to work off the calorie burden), a good variety of cocktails and beers, and a festive atmosphere, then step right up. I brought 4 out of towners here to escape the doldrums of a sterile business meeting because I knew we could kick back, relax, and eat well, all for a pretty decent price. We didn't anticipate that it would also be "trivia night" to boot. Definitely louder than usual and spirited, but not crazy or unpleasant at all. On the contrary: Come here if you want an easy night out, good food, and some good, consistent fun ! Great for families, groups, or just a good solid meal. An antidote to the stuffy and overpriced while maintaining high quality food --

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is a great throwback to the days of the cafeteria in high school, except the food is a LOT better than it was back then!

My wife said the turkey burger was one of the best she's ever had, the tots are awesome too! Great atmosphere although the rooftop seemed to be closed. Definitely stop by, it's great!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Met some friends here for dinner. None of us had eaten here before. I had heard mixed reviews before going. We ordered onion rings for an app. We couldn't eat them because they were dripping with grease. Our dinners came out in good time. Our server was very unfriendly and attentive. The decor was great. Not enough to make me go back though.