“What a great surprise!!”
Review of Pizzeria Lola

Pizzeria Lola
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Lola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wood fired pizza, warm chocolate chip cookies, soft serve ice cream, wine, beer, photo booth
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We do a family Christmas outing every season. We pick a play then we all go out to eat. I took a chance and picked Lola from the reviews this year. It was such a hit- amazing pizza fun atmosphere. Amazing flavors-- yum. Keep in mind no reservations are taken, I knew this because I called ahead. The wait time was 1 hour- for 6 people on a Saturday night at 7:30 pm. The wait time was not terrible we were having fun talking with people around. Drinks were offered so everyone was quite content. Once we were seated it did not take long at all to get our pizzas- we ordered 4. We ate at about 8:45 pm.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We visited this place without knowing much about it other than a few reviews we read online. Ordered a couple of drinks and the Roasted Cauliflower as an appetizer. Great, succulent dish.

For pizza, we ordered The Boise without the gruyere and fontina cheeses. This is because we are particular about the type of cheese we consume. There should be no animal rennet used since we are strict vegetarians. Our waitress informed us that the gruyere and fontina, along with some others were Italian-imported cheeses and they were unsure about the source of the rennet. Whereas their other cheeses including provolone and mozzarella contained vegetable rennet. Once our order arrived, we were not disappointed one bit. Being big fans of wood-fired pizza, it was excellent and we couldn't have asked for more. We enjoyed every slice until our insides couldn't handle more.

To finish, the waitress tempted us with the dessert menu which we scanned and ended up ordering a twist of the vanilla and Mexican chocolate ice creams topped off with homemade caramel sauce and sea salt. A diabo'lick'al combo, to say the least. Overall, a superb pizza-eating experience in the Twin Cities. Do not miss this place if you're in town a few days and a connoisseur of good food.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I guess I don't really see what the fuss is about. The decor/ambiance is good, I will give them that. They even have a photo booth in the back where you can snap some pictures and hang them up on their wall. The pizza was mediocre though. I asked the waitresses opinion and she advised that her favorite was The Iowan so that's what I ordered. The Iowan is prosciutto, ricotta, mozzarella, garlic confit & arugula. It was incredibly bland. I couldn't taste the garlic at all. I took the leftovers home and the boyfriend said the exact same thing, bland. We also ordered the antipasto which was a major disappointment as well. There were two small pieces of cheese (the same kind), a few cashews, about 5 olives, some salami, three pieces of prosciutto and three large pieces of 'gourmet' bologna. Sorry, in my opinion no matter what you do to bologna it will never be gourmet. My friend ordered the Korean pizza and liked hers but it was still certainly not worth the $50.00 that we paid...for lunch. I wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Lala1275
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my second visit and I was not disappointed. We went for lunch and split a Caesar Salad although they put there own twist on the salad adding Hearts of Palm it was very good! We also tried several pizzas all made with great ingredients; house cured meats, fanatics cheese options and great add ons. Whenever I visit Minneapolis I try to leave time for lunch on the way to the airport!

1  Thank MeKafromKK
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My Dad and I were in town for a Gophers football game. We stopped for dinner after the game and let me say, it was well worth it. Unique pizza selections with great flavor! We had the ice cream with salt and olive oil for dessert, sounds odd, but it was fantastic!