“I love it.”

Ranked #17 of 25 Tours in Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am a regular on the tours. I make great relationships between the investigators and the ghosts! Sometimes nothing happens, I agree. But thats ghost hunting! Just because nothing happened dosnt mean you should give a bad review. Ive been there 13 times and always find out something new. The ghosts know me and I know them. History is great but the investigating is the fun part!

2 Thank tuxwalrus

Fort Worth, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A TOTAL Sham!! Big ripoff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This tour takes you through some 1800s buildings and gives you a small amount of history about the area, but the ghost tour is TRULY an insult to anyone's intelligence. It is the quirkiest thing with gadgets going off and the tour guides pretending that a recorder is talking to them from the ghosts. No one in their sane right mind would believe even a tiny bit of this.

The City of Minneapolis should shut this place down. It gives the city a bad reputation for ripping off tourists! I've never felt so taken in my life!

Visited September 2012
8 Thank PianoMan4000
Sioux Falls SD
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Ok nothing to write home about”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We (1 kid age11 and 3 adults) went on this ghost tour with an open mind and looking for simple entertainment. Recently we went to the Wabasha Cave tour in St Paul which was FABULOUS and we were really looking forward to this one. When we arrived we all signed a waiver in case we were hurt and asked to sit down. At the seats were backpacks to use during the tour with the ghost hunting equipment inside. Some people had all items, others didn't and we were asked to share if we didn't have a piece of equipment. The group was large and I say them unpackaging more ghost equipment to put into backpacks. The tour guide was dressed in a high top hat. Nice touch. But we couldn't hear him as there was music next door thumping. Then we followed the crowd outside, he spoke outside (hard to hear him) then went inside winding around to an empty office space. He said a few words for like 1 minute then said "Go and see if you can find any spirits". So everyone was wandering aroud the empty office space filled with broken chairs etc. The 4 other female staff workers were in a circle in a room trying to call the spirits. Almost felt like we were at a play watching actors, or some kind of improv. Then he along with 80% of the group went off without any notice to the group. I caught up with them but realized the rest of my party was missing. I went upstairs to another empty space and told to wander around. My party finally made it upstairs- they said no one told them to move on. Then we all left that space (they locked to office after we walked out) and we went to the basement below the ghost tours shop. A small basement with a couple hallways. Not that I'm a non believer but this was really unorganized, and seemed to be more of going through the motions/acting. Almost seemed like this was a side tour used to supplement their segway tours in the day. Plus not hearing the guide unless you were right next to him and he acted like he could care less if anyone heard anything or not was very disappointing. The other reviews here make me wonder if it was employees writing the reviews. Maybe it was just an off night. I think the little bit of history I heard was interesting. The building was neat but I didn't need to go on a tour in the dark in empty offices with flashlights to see it. it lasted about 90 minutes and that includes getting started 25 minutes late. Hearing more would have been better. $25 per person is real steep for our experience, $10 per person would be about right. I feel bad as I really wanted to have a kitchy good time.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank Michelle_D
Minneapolis, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting History Lesson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

This Tour was very interesting and gave a lot of information about the surrounding St. Anthony Main. I recommend doing it just for the interesting history lesson. We did seem to have some "ghostly" activity on our tour. We had a younger child in our tour group (10-12 years old maybe?) and his ghost hunting equipment was going off like crazy. According to the tour guide, there may be "young child laborer ghosts" from the former mattress factory that was in the area that were interested in playing with him. Someone else took a picture with their I-phone and it had a white blurry shape on it in an otherwise empty room. Stop by Pracna on Main for a cocktail after -- the oldest operating restaurant in Minneapolis.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank roban13
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Spooky Fun Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was a lot of fun. Even though we had no ghost sightings on our tour, it was a still a great time out in Minneapolis! Definitely recommended!

Visited May 2011