“Love!”
Review of Lake Calhoun

Lake Calhoun
Ranked #9 of 231 things to do in Minneapolis
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Love visiting lake Calhoun! We have to go at least twice every time we are in the cities. We walk or run with the kids in the stroller and then let them enjoy some time at the park and the beach. Can be very busy, especially on the weekends. Next time, we hope to rent a paddle boat.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The first time i left behind my country India and moved to Minneapolis during February last year.
Saw a frozen lake for the first time in my life. I just looked at it. Later that summer when i saw the pristine lake at its full glory in the golden sunshine just fell in love with the scenery before me.
WOW! what a transformation. Just love everything in Calhoun from the beautiful lake, to the sky scrapers city view, the enthusiastic joggers. My fist love in Minneapolis ;-).

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great, quiet, peaceful outing. A wonderful way to shake your Minneapolis' frozen memories. After going for a walk around the lake I came to understand why people choose to live in this city. After a while you even forget the snow and the freezing feeling I had other times in the city.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Was very impressed by the neighborhood and businesses near Lake Calhoun, but the lake and park of Lake Calhoun seem to be only kept up average. Not much parking in the lots, but you can park on the side streets. The lake is a little more than a 3 mile loop so there are many runners, walkers, bikers exercising. There are canoes and sailboats to rent.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went for a lovely walk on a perfect summer day, packed with locals sunbathing and having picnics; great ambience