“Good Food - Always Busy”
Review of Tavern on France

Tavern on France
Ranked #152 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When my husband and I first ate here we were seated by their kitchen doors that swing open all the time and I found that area kind of cramped. However it may be my husband and I love the build your menu's from the salad, pizza and burgers. Their over all menu is really good and they have a really great brunch on Sunday's. We have always had good service,

Some downfalls, they are ALWAYS busy it is always always considerably loud.
t's better to go during times like late afternoon or have a reservation. We tried going on a late Friday night and walked out because it was overly crowded and the wait time was 1 1/2 long. It doesn't really matter really what day you go they always seem to be busy.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I usually don't give bad reviews, trying to find something good about a restaurant, hotel, etc. But our experience last night was totally awful. My husband took me out for a birthday dinner after he had a little business to finish in Edina. First off, we were seated next to the swinging kitchen door which once almost hit my husband's arm. We asked to be seated elsewhere and were told there wasn't anywhere else. My husband ordered a beer with a glass and the glass looked as though it had never been washed. When he asked for another, after about 10 minutes of waiting, the glass that came was still wet and soapy. Our nachos had some kind of melted cheese whiz type product on it and the chips were soggy. After complaining about the nachos, we were never offered a comp or an apology. Our server seemed rushed and we noticed in fact that none of the servers looked very happy. We won't be returning to this restaurant!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a reservation for about 20 people for a conference planning group. I arrived a bit late but it appeared that the table was ready for us at the appointed time. Very glad that we had the much-needed reservation. This was a Thursday night and there was a pretty long wait for the people who were stacked up in the entry way, hoping to get a table.

Our server was very nice and friendly, but not very fast. I waited about 15 minutes to get the beer that I ordered. A couple of other things were forgotten for others at the table, but most of the stuff came out promptly. The food was very good. There were probably about a dozen different things ordered, and nobody was complaining. I had the salmon and it was very good. A couple of people ordered pizzas, and they were excellent. For $10-11, they assumed they would be a one-person-size pizza, but they could have easily fed two people. The meat loaf got rave reviews. Decent beer list, with many choices for my "nothing-like-Budweiser" palette.

Overall, the group was pretty happy.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have visited this restaurant. We enjoyed it the first time and wanted to see if it would match-up to our expectations a 2nd time... AND IT DID!!!

We had the pizza the first time we were there and enjoyed every bite! The crust is so thin which lets you enjoy the toppings that much more...so we thought we would have it this time too. It proved to still be the best pizza around.

We would recommend giving this restaurant a try any time!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This continues to be one of my favorites. Huge menu selction of quality foods for every taste. Service is always great. Usually a bit of a wait for a table on busy nights but worth the wait.