“good food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Jefferson Hills, Pa.
“good food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ate at the tavern on a Friday night. We were placed in the bar area because they were very busy. Atmosphere was ok and food was good.

• Visited December 2012

richfield Minnesota
“Brunch has gone down hill”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My daughter and I went to brunch here today, not our first brunch experience at Tavern on France, but will likely be the last. My first plate of food from the buffet was cold, I chalked it up to the fact that the containers were nearly empty. On the second trip, I was happy to see the buffet newly replenished only to discover barely warm ( not hot) food, the sausage was actually cold. When manager ( Megan) visited our table and inquired how everything was, I expressed that it has been a challenge to get hot food from the buffet. Megan informed me she would go and check the temperatures of the warmers. Her indifference speaks volumes. The brunch here was historically quite good. Not certain what happened but the managers attitude might reflect the interest taken in providing quality food.
I recently purchased a couple of hundred dollars worth of gift certificates for Christmas gifts which I now regret.

• Visited November 2012
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Missing the little things and dirty”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was hoping for a nice bite to eat. We stopped in Tavern on France on a Sunday afternoon to grab a little something. I had only been there for cocktails before this and enjoyed the outdoor patio. We sat in the dinning room and the booth we sat in was dirty. The seats were filthy with crumbs from the last few guests and the glass divider was covered in baby hand prints of BBQ sauce (who knows how long that had been there). Our server was nice but non of the staff really made you feel welcome, you almost felt like an inconvenience. The food was alright but not great. I think i was expecting more because of it's location. A pizza, a quesadilla, and 2 cocktails=$50. Not worth the money from a quality stand point and for certain not from a cleanlines and ambiance stand point. There are to many good place to eat around the cities to waste my time going back to this place.

• Visited November 2012
“Nice surprise of value and quality.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in on the spur of the moment without knowing anything about the restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised. The menu was moderately priced (burgers $9, entrees 10-18) and the quality of the food was very good. Service very friendly & helpful without being overbearing. Burgers are ordered by filling out a form at the table-guests choose the type of bun and toppings and side of potato (fries, mashed etc). Onion rings and mashed potatoes were very good.
Ambiance/decor are very comfortable and nice. Beer selection was small but adequately good.
On the down side...the only size burger is half pound which is a lot of food! Would have liked an option for a third or quarter pound. And, the noise level is noticeably high.
Overall, very nice and a great value (especially in the heart of Edina!). I'm sure we'll go back.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food, great drinks!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food and drinks were great, fun atmosphere! Great location, easy to get to. A little nosey if you were looking for something more low key, but we thought it was fun. Highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012