“Sunday sushi stop”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W 28th Street
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited on a Sunday during Happy Hour. The gyoza was good ($3/4 pcs); would definitely order those again. The spicy tuna roll ($4) was okay; I have had better at other sushi restaurants (Origami, Hajime, Social House). The sake and sockeye nigiri were great ($1.75/pc); I would definitely order that again. The service was a little slow, one waitress for 5 tables, we waited for about 8 minutes for our drink to be delivered. I would definitely return to try more menu items. Regular price rolls range from $10 - $15 it seemed. They have overflow parking in the Egg and I after 4:00 pm.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We didn't know until we got inside that when dining at Tiger Sushi, you can park for free at The Egg and I - good to know for newbies! Staff was friendly, smiley, helpful and the restaurant was lovely! Although it was too cold to sit anywhere but indoors, we noticed an enormous outdoor patio that looked AMAZING! We can't wait to go back on a warmer day and sit outside! Which means, the food was GREAT and we can't wait to go back! We ordered 4 sushi rolls (crunchy roll, winter roll, spicy tuna roll, and the dinomighty), and although they were not neatly and tightly wrapped, they were divine! The spicy tuna roll was the only was that was subpar because it didn't have a lot of tuna in it, but the rest were so good and tasted fresh! Give it a whirl for a date night, or girls night out!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Could be a wonderful all around restaurant if you were not headed out for sushi as the seaweed salad was amazing as well as the tempura veggie. Tempura parsley?! Could have eaten my body weight in it. Sushi was not very high quality and the role we ordered was just a funny mix of flavors.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch because I had a Groupon and dear husband had an errand a block away. We were pleasantly surprised: clean, modern zen decor, great menu and attentive service. It was a cold day so was attracted to the udon noodle soup (huge bowl), however, the side accompaniments were the star: 3 fabulously cooked tempura shrimp and 2 tempura veg patties. No visible grease and puts most tempura to shame. I opted to pay $1 extra for the "side" geisha salad and a great bargain it was. I'd love to get the recipe for the dressing. Ended up taking half the soup home. We'll be back soon (me for the sushi menu) and if you travel with people who don't like sushi, there are nice options for them. Happy hour every day except Sat. $4 tap beers/wine and nice specials on food-even rolls. Staying in a downtown Mpls hotel, hop a #4 bus heading south and it will practically drop you off at the door - 28th & Lyndale.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We don't go out for sushi often but stopped by Tiger Sushi II a few weeks ago and loved it. The food was fresh, tasty and beautifully presented...it was all around a very good food experience. I agree that it may be a little pricey, which is the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. Food alone is a 5+++