“YUM”
Review of Haute Dish

Haute Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Haute Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“YUM”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

While not every course of the tasting menu was a home run, everything was pretty good. We did the vegetarian menu as well as the daily tasting menu and loved sharing plates and exploring all of the options. We were there on a night with 1/2 price bottle wines and that definitely made everything just a little more fun :) Looking forward to being back and trying more options!

Visited May 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Almost hit the mark”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I made reservations for Haute Dish after seeing their reviews and hearing the buzz. I was meeting friends there, and arrived a little early so decided to start with a cocktail. I was a little shocked by the prices on the cocktail menu - $12 for even the cheapest glass of wine. The menu was also really confusing - they split the menu into three course meals, and it seemed like there weren't many options. The mac and cheese was very good and worth the trip - and is the only reason I am hesitating from rating the restaurant 3 stars. I had very high expectations of the tater tot hautedish - especially after reading reviews - but it missed the mark. The tater tot was very tasty, but although the short rob was tender, the flavor was bland. I was also less than impressed with the creme brulee chocolate cake. Altogether, I would skip Hautedish for now - its overly pricey for the quality. I'll give it a second chance if I'm ever in Minneapolis again and they reinvent the menu.

• Visited June 2014
“Good food, good service, interesting menu”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was in Minneapolis on business and had a chance to eat at Haute Dish for dinner and was quite happy with the entire experience. The menu, food and drinks, had a bit of a twist in each item, something you expect from the independents. I had the short ribs with green beans and tater tots. The short ribs were tender and delicious, the green beans were well prepared and the tater tots were liked potato stuffed croquet's. All very well prepared with a great presentation. Service was good and the waitress was slightly new but she knew what she was doing and took good care of us (a party of 8).

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“Go elsewhere - overpriced and strange combos”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I like comfort food and I like innovative fusion cuisine, but I didn't like a single thing I tasted here. Three of us shared the six course ($80!) and the three course (altogether, plenty of food), so I sampled a wide range of fussy, and not well-executed, dishes. We thought the main dishes a la carte were about $10 over market for what they were and the casual setting. Tastes of lamb chop, sausage a lamb patty were runny with red juice and tough. We didn't eat the fish dish because none of the three of us liked it. And we are kind of a clean plate club. Probably the best dish was the (warm!?) carrot soup appetizer but you couldn't quite drink it out of the shot glass or eat the garnish on the top with a fork, and there was no spoon. It got really loud in the place as it got later. We couldn't hear the waiters or each other. The waitress was kind and attentive but the explanations of each dish were just too much to go over, if we were going to interact with each other at all. I will not return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Margrethe1st
Littleton, Colorado
“Great brunch, tolerable hipster quotient, excellent bar area”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

When one awakens with a craving for chicken and waffles, there are very few options in MN to choose from. A quick trip to the Internet later we were on our way to Haute Dish which seemed to be a fave.

The location may throw you off just slightly- off of Washington, its not in the best location. The dining area in the back of the restaurant looks fairly dark as well. We chose the bar area because it seemed brighter and more welcoming; we weren't the only couple that ultimately made this decision.

Jonas the bartender was awesome, friendly and attentive throughout even when they started getting very very busy.

The chicken and waffles were quite tasty even though they weren't quite what I was wanting; honestly I don't think Southern Soul Food actually exists here though so you'd think I'd quit trying. The waffle was fluffy and flavorful, the syrup real maple yet not overpowering. Instead of butter it is served with maple bacon ice cream. One word for that- Awesome. The chicken itself might have been just slightly overcooked, but not dry at least. The coating was very much on the savory side, heavy on spices, less heavy on salt and spiciness. Put all together it was a dream on a fork.

My wife had the crepes. They were simply delicious- the crepe itself had just a hint of lemon which played so well with the rest of the fruit that it came with. She got a side of bacon as well; tasty and meaty.

An added surprise was the find on Iron Maiden Trooper ale on tap. They had an eclectic arrangement of taps and offered flights- very cool.

We're quite excited to go back and try some of there other offerings. This was a great Twin Cities find for a random Sunday brunch.

• Visited April 2014