“Glad It's Dead.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, MN
“Glad It's Dead.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Every Thom Pham restaurant I have gone to was an unmitigated disaster. The food always feels like someone with more creative energy than his skills can facilitate. Never learned how to walk before he decided to run - and still refuses to learn.

Visited July 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Disappointing. Time To Close”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having been here more than a few times since it opened, I was shocked how this restaurant has fallen. Hot Dogs? Seriously? Since the main restaurant space closed, what remains is the old bar area converted to restaurant. There's no energy. The wait staff is lethargic. The food was OK, but not at all special. The old sushi bar is not being used and is filthy and you walk through it to use the bathroom! Pretty sad.

2 Thank Drocket
Houston, Texas
“Bad Choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I walked past some perfectly good national chains to try something different. Mistake. It definitely was different, but not in a good way. The "spring rolls" were small slices of beef (I hope), vegetables, and rice rolled in rice paper, but not cooked as you normally expect with a spring roll. Cold and sticky. The pork loin was coated and fried and sliced into medallions. The taste was ok, but not nearly worth the menu price. The pork was served with fingerling potatoes (which weren't), coated in a ginger sauce so strong that the potatoes were barely edible. The dish was served on a bed of "sticky rice," which was ok, but again not worth half the dish's cost. Overall, the menu was peculiar, in that it included everything from sea bass to hot dogs to "Wagyu" burgers. Hopefully some of the other dishes are better than the one I had, but I will never know. I should have followed my initial instinct and left after I was seated and looked at the menu.

Erie
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have no clue how this place stays in business. Perhaps it's because it's close to Nicollet Mall and not far from Target Field, and there are enough sucker visitors like us. My wife and I went there for lunch on a Friday, having been attracted by the description. It looked fine from the outside, but our first clue (which we ignored) was there was no one else in the place at ~12:30pm. We should have just not gone in.

My wife had the Rice Noodle salad topped with "Peking Duck." The latter was more like slices of eraser with no taste. The rest of the salad was pretty ordinary. I had the "Azian Burger." It looked out-of-the-ordinary on the menu, but that was a mistake too. I've had better burgers at half the price in fast food restaurants. To add something a little healthy, I ordered a side of grilled veggies to replace the regular fries for "Half Price". Another missed clue. I should have asked "half of what?"

The kicker was the bill. Turns out the grilled veggies at half price was $6. The final blow was they charged $9 for a non-alcoholic beer for my wife! (I had a draft local beer at a reasonable price.)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, won't be back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to this restaurant originally trying to get dim sum. My boyfriend said he'd seen a sign advertising it at one point. They no longer serve it apparently, so we decided to eat here anyway. It was happy hour, so we ordered the cranberry cream cheese wantons, some oxtail steam buns and something else that I don't even remember. The wontons were terrible! I love cream cheese wontons and couldn't even eat these. The cream cheese was bright pink and tasted like it had Oceanspray cranberry juice in it. It was so sweet and perfumey, it was nauseating. I was expecting some real cranberries I guess. The oxtail steam buns came out and were not good either apparently. I didn't even try them because my boyfriend said they were so gross and they really didn't look good at all. So overall, the restaurant is nice to look at, cool decor but the food that we tried was yuckers.

• Visited March 2012