Open today: Closed
More Information

Ways to Experience Twin Cities Food Tours
from $52.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first Food Tour and definitely NOT my last! The tour stops, both food and non food related, were quite interesting, even to the non Foodies in our group. Local history is fascinating to me...but much more so when genuine human stories are included with the historical dates and places. Our guide, Becca, obviously shares my views on this topic. She was fabulous...friendly, approachable and quite knowledgeable about the restaurants we visited. I was also impressed with her ability to engage the diverse group of people in our tour. She seems to truly enjoy her job, which made my experience that much better! The foods we tried were fresh, delicious and served with sincere smiles at each place.What an exciting new experience...to try so many new cultural dishes in just 3 hours! Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2013
4  Thank lynnglawrensen
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I attended the Downtown/Northeast Minneapolis Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour today, a beautiful summer day in Minnesota (this would not have been as enjoyable in the rain). The pace and the amount and types of food was just right. I had not eaten at any of the 5 places before, and would go back to all of them!:
--Local D'Lish (a neighborhood grocery store with amazingly fresh, local produce--we bought some produce when we returned). We had a selection of produce and some cheese and bread--a great start.
--Punch Pizza--Wood fired, tasty pizz--loved the basil on the pizza
--Kramarczuk's--Eastern European Deli and Restaurant. We had some sausage and polish potato dumplings
Gorkha Palace-Food from Nepal (this was my favorite place! The flavors were exquisite, unique and not overpowering)
--Gardens of Salonica--we finished up with bite-size Baklava desserts (3 varieties each).

Our tour guide, Lisa Metwaly, was friendly and informative, too!

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank Diane55317
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very fun and informational tour! Loved that most of the food was from local farmers and suppliers. We toured 5 very diverse restaurants, which was neat to experience food from other cultures and learn a bit about their history. We tried many different types of food that we would not have otherwise have eaten. It was a great walk through the city, and we learned a lot about minneapolis! Very well done!

Date of experience: May 2013
6  Thank sissyg
Reviewed May 4, 2013

As local Minnesotans who think they know their city, I was pleasantly surprised to learn about Northeast Minneapolis thru the eyes of our guide Becca as she handily shared her knowledge of the area, and 5 unique restaurants. What was cool was her apparent great relationships with each of the business owners - their passions, their reasons for starting their stores. All good stuff. When I saw Punch pizza as one of the stops I was a little disappointed as I thought they were a chain. Couldn't have been more wrong. What a story these owners have to tell. Not a chain at all, but a locally grown success. We were lucky enough to have the two new owners - Julie and rebecca join us as well as we were the first tour of the year. Highly recommend the tour for locals as well as tourists alike. The food was great, and the local area tour was an added bonus. Lots of walking, especially back to the starting point, but on a sunny warm day - enjoy!

Date of experience: April 2013
5  Thank 783SteveN
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect from the tour...just set it up and decided to be open. We are locals here in Mpls, and had already been to 2 out of the 5 stops. We were very pleasantly surprised by how much fun the tour was, and how nice it is to step back and be a tourist in your own city. We learned some history, saw some great landmarks, and of course enjoyed awesome food! We would highly recommend this to others, and thought it was a fun Saturday afternoon date.

Date of experience: October 2012