“Amazing Experience”

The Hitching Company
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hitching Company provides horse drawn carriage rides / tours in downtown Minneapolis. Relaxing and enjoyable for all ages. Carriage drivers provide both cultural and historical narration during the ride. All rides are private. A variety of pickup locations and tour durations available. Maximum of 4 adults per carriage. Reservations are highly recommended.
Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I absolutely loved our one hour carriage tour of downtown St. Paul! It was both romantic and interesting. Our driver Devon was very friendly, knowledgeable, and funny, but also knew when to let us enjoy some quiet romantic moments. Her horse Kathy was well cared for and well trained. All in all a wonderful experience. We will definitely do it again!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jen E

Hudson, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect Valentine's Day Adventure!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

I actually found The Hitching Company through TripAdvisor and it's positive reviews made up my mind for me. I can say that both myself, and husband were very satisfied with the experience! Their schedule had filled up quickly due to Valentine's Day, but with no time restrictions we didn't mind a 9pm departure time; I should also mention that I did make the reservation until the Tuesday before. Barb was very helpful in helping to choose which location we'd like to depart from and we ultimately chose to leave from Nicollet Island Inn. We got lucky that it wasn't super cold, but they did have blankets to help keep the cold out. We learned a lot about the horse, Marty, as well as history of the city ... I never stop asking questions :) I will only make the slightest comment about the $115 price tag .... Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's not something you do every day so spending money on this should be considered well spent and secondly I can't imagine that it's cheap to upkeep the horses! I only gave it 4 out of 5 due to the price, but would really have only knocked down a half of a point if I could have. I suggest you make a date of it! Oh, and if you choose to head out in the cold winter months grab your favorite hot drink!

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Missbrooke214
Minneapolis, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Very mellow carriage trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

The horse is huge, slow and mellow. What you hear is the clip clop of its feet on cobble stone streets and views that take your breath away as you cross over the Mississippi river, twice. No better way to see Minneapolis.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank KeyWestMind
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Our guides Arthur & DJ took us on a one hour ride of Minneapolis on a beautiful Saturday evening. Weather was great and the scenic ride through Loring Park provided a great backdrop to the in-ride proposal near the park entrance. A memorable evening made better when she answered Yes! Thanks again!

Visited November 2011
CHARLESTON
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We were in St Paul again on business had the oppurtunity to use the Hitching Company again and had a wonderful time. This time our guide was named Mike. Come to find out we rode with his grandson Nick last time. He gave a great ride very entertaining and informative. Great job hitching company thanks again!

Visited September 2011

Been to The Hitching Company? Share your experiences!