“YUM!”

Chimborazo
Ranked #9 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Latin, Ecuadorean, South American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“YUM!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This restaurant is a gem. Ecuadorian food was new to us and we just happened upon the place one day while in the area. We are so glad we gave it a try, and we've returned several times sincce. Everyithing we've had has been great. The fresh made limeade is my favorite, followed closely by the ceviche as a starter and the shrimp saltado as an entree.

• Visited February 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Chi polo sandwich and house salad is so yummy !”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is absolutely my favorite . The atmosphere is so Spanish , like Don Quixote feeling. Sweet. Best of all the servers are so nice.

• Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty good & nice price!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I eat there all the time. Marcos is the chef and he always comes out to say hello with a smile.

Try the lomo saltado & empanadas. The breakfast is really good too.

1 Thank DeleveleD
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Who knew Ecuadorian was so good!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I choose this restaurant for our 2nd anniversary dinner based on one thing, they have empanadas. The vast majority of the reviews of this establishment are right on; good service, great food, outstanding prices. Although I cannot pretend to know the slightest bit about the Ecuadorian culture, I can only assume that they have come as close as you can get in Minnesota. From the outside, you may be a little skeptical, and the interior dining room is not of four star caliber, but if you can handle a more authentic feeling restaurant, you will be in for a treat.
To start the meal, we got two beef empanadas. While the empanada's are different from the Chilean version my husband and I are used to eating, we enjoyed them. The green dipping sauce that comes with them is great. I am NOT a fan of cilantro, by any means, and I throughly enjoyed this dip. For dinner my husband wanted steak and eggs, surprise. While this meal was not the most authentic of meals, it was good. I had the stewed mahi mahi in coconut sauce. Again, coconuts are another food I am not a fan of, but it was prepared so well, I loved it. We finished the meal with my favorite part, desert. We tired the coconut milk shake and Passion Fruit Ice Cream; well my husband had the coconut shake :-). He liked it, tasted like coconuts, "if you are a coconut fan you will love it", he said. I had the Passion Fruit Ice Cream. WOW(!) is all I can say. This was possibly the best ice cream I have ever had, thank goodness I had read a review somewhere that said to try it. They do not have this ice cream every night, so if you want to make sure you come up on a night they have it, the waitress said to call.
Not a huge selection of alcoholic beverages, only beer and wine, which surprised me, but we each had a glass of wine. All of the wines are from South American, which is in nice keeping with the restaurant. They also have a selection of Mexican Beers, along with Summit; apparently Ecuadorian Beer is not that good.
All and all this was a great restaurant I would recommend to anyone who enjoys trying new types of food. We are taking my father here when he comes in from St Louis in a few weeks. The ONLY set back we encountered, was they are QUICK, a little too quick. We had only eaten half of our empanada's when our dinner showed up.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was so disappointed by the quality of food and execution of some dishes. If you are not familiar with Latin food, this place will be ok. However, for those experienced in Latin food then you will see the flaws. The fried yuca was not good it was too dry and soaked in vinegar. The ceviche had precooked shrimp so not real ceviche. The saltado had too much vinegar in the sauce overwhelming any other flavors that there may have been. The churrasco tasted ok, however, the cut of beef was very low quality and cut so thinly it was almost carpaccio style. The avocado was still green (hard & no flavor). The empanadas were good, however, don't call them beef empanadas if it is stuffed with vegetables and only 2 small pieces of beef in them. Overall, it was very disappointing...I wasted $50. Will not return.

• Visited July 2012